We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours that start from Nazareth or Car Rental

London, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tours that start from Nazareth or Car Rental

Hi,

Are there any tours companies that start from Nazareth and finish at Nazareth?

Are there any car rental companies in case we cant get a tour bus? We can rent a car in Nazareth and drop it off before we leave.

Thank you all

Israel
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours that start from Nazareth or Car Rental

The main rental companies might have offices there. Then you can drop the car off at the airport.

Europcar do, im not sure which other ones have.

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours that start from Nazareth or Car Rental

I don't know about tours that originate in Nazareth. Perhaps some of our other folks will be able to help you.

I do know that I have only heard horror stories about driving in Nazareth although obviously people do it all the time. LOL When traveling in that town with our guide/driver I can see how it could be very difficult for most people.

Kathy Walters

Paragon, Indiana, USA

cakywalters@iquest.net

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours that start from Nazareth or Car Rental

I don't know which horror stories Kathy heard. Driving to and from Nazareth is easy. Driving in Nazareth is like driving in any Arabic town. People walking on the roads, some narrow street (not too bad) etc. However, you won't have to drive in Nazaereth in any case. I have no trouble at all in the town. Just drive slowly and you will have no problem. Rent a car. You will enjoy your trip much more if you do so.

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours that start from Nazareth or Car Rental

I should have perhaps said "some people".....(that would include myself........)

And I would not at all discourage leftandright from renting a car and being adventurous. I was just aharing from what I had heard and seen personally. Bear with me, please......I admit freely that I have not yet ever driven in Israel. *smile*

Kathy Walters

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,446 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours that start from Nazareth or Car Rental

Actually, erirya, I have driven in Nazareth several times, and am NOT at all a timid driver in Israel, and I also find Nazareth pretty daunting. Parking there is particularly so. Traffic is heavy, made more so by the tour buses, and like many older Arab towns, the lack of street signs and a clear grid is very confusing.

That said, it is doable. Just pay careful attention -- particularly to where you parked! Getting back there can be a challenge. I almost lost my car once -- that was fun (not!).

Shabbat shalom, everyone.

Douglas Duckett

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours that start from Nazareth or Car Rental

Our friend from London wants to take trips FROM Nazareth to other destinations. So his only encounter with the roads in town is going in and out of town. His hotel or in other accommodation he chooses will most probably alocate him some parking. He won't have to worry about going around town and look for places to park. I fail to see the problem.

My suggestion is - rent a car, get a good map and a good travel guide book. You will enjoy your trip much more!

7. Re: Tours that start from Nazareth or Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 20:22