We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuval/Karmiel

Carlisle, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Tuval/Karmiel

Hello, i need to visit Karmiel/Tuval or around this area, as i am meeting someone there.

I have had difficulty finding available places that are affordable, i am on a small budget, the only place i found that had affordable hotel is Akko, but i need to know if Karmiel or Tuval is easily accessible from Akko, as i do not drive i will have to use public transport.

Anybody has any other ideas? I am not looking for anything fancy, just somewhere to sleep.

thank you

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,460 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuval/Karmiel

Carmiel is a residential town without any place to stay overnight. Your best bet is to stay in Akko or see if your acquaintance can arrange for your to stay in Tuval. How will you get to Tuval? There is no bus service to this mitzpeh. There is regular bus service from Akko to Carmiel.

Chana

Israel

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuval/Karmiel

Karmiel or Tuval?

There's a very good service from Akko to Karmiel. Buses 263, 361 or 500 will take you. There's also sherut (shared) taxi service (I think most sherut depart from Akko train station).

If you need to get to Tuval, then from Karmiel this can be done by taxi or bus, but bus service to Tuval (a small village) is only 6 times a day.

Tuval has some Zimmers, but those are a bit pricey. However, there is a small hotel at Karmiel - did you check it? visitisrael.gov.il/Tourism_Eng/…20Hotel.aspx

Israel
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuval/Karmiel

Karmiel has one small hotel (21 rooms) called "Star of Galilee" (Hebrew: כוכב הגליל) it is located at Nesie'i Israel st. 10.

more information can be found in the Israeli Hotel Association website: www.israelhotels.org.il/DetailsHotel.aspx…

but there aren't many reviews on this hotel...

as Amos mentioned the bus to Tuval (#35 of Native Express) has 6 rids per day on route Karmiel - Tuval (both directions). therefore I think it would be more continent to use Karmiel as base rather than Akko.

Edited: 10 March 2013, 16:57
Carlisle, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuval/Karmiel

thanks everyone, i would have never found this little hotel you are speaking of without you telling me about it, the link does not have website for the hotel, but i have emailed them, see what they say.

As for going to Tuval, I will use a taxi, or maybe even try and find a bike, it is not too far to cycle.

I am a single female, do you think it is safe for me to cycle around?

thank you so much.

Israel
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuval/Karmiel

As a resident of Karmiel... The only think I would worry about is car accident.

There are many cyclists in the region...

please note that you are obligated by law to wear a cycling helmet when cycling outside of the city...

as far as I know The hotel doesn't have official website. yet you can find pictures of hotel rooms using Google.

Tuval has also guest rooms...yet according to thier site they are only for 4-5 people... anyhow you can find information here:

doralnofesh.co.il/pages.yecms/…3KMUe4KV9AUX

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuval/Karmiel

Karima M, while it might look a short distance on the map (about 8 km), the vertical elevation difference is more than 350 meters!

Tuval is high on the ridge in front of Karmiel, I wouldn't recommend doing it by bike! Just take a taxi.

Look at the ridge:

http://goo.gl/maps/By9fb

Carlisle, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuval/Karmiel

Ok, thanks I checked the link, yes i will take a taxi, how affordable are taxis in Israel?

K

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuval/Karmiel

They are affordable. Ask your hotel reception to call you a taxi and quote a price for the ride for you in advance.

9. Re: Tuval/Karmiel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 05:16