We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safed area

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Safed area

We are hoping to hire a guide to take us around Safed but we were wondering how to make the best use of the day with the guide after going to Safed. Yes the guide we end up with will probably have ideas but I thought I would ask here first.

We have already been to a lot of the Christian/Biblical sites and a few other places around the Kinneret and Golan, - Bethsaida, Capernaum, the Jesus boat, Chorazin, Hazor, Dan, Banias, Katzrin, Mt Bental. We will be going to Zippori and Magdala on another day. We will be doing a jeep tour on another day. We will be based in Tiberias.

Do you have any thoughts on what else we could do on the day we hire the guide?

Thank you. :)

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,164 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safed area

Why not talk it over with the guide? I have toured with Arye Busnack and highly recommend him. Phone number 054-638309. lilach188@gmail.com

Edited: 17 November 2013, 17:07
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safed area

Heather,

Do you care of wine? There are several very nice wineries around (with special Pomegranate winery).

There is an Olive Oil factory with nice visitors welcome in Farod. (Saba Habib)

Do you like SPA? There is a very nice SPA hotel next to Safed.

Tthere is a special soap factory in Pekiin village (Savta Gamila)

just couple of thoughts

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safed area

Thanks Shoshi and Giora.

Shoshi, does Arye Busnack have a website I can show my husband? I've got the names of a few guides from websites etc and am trying to work out who would fit best for us.

Giora I appreciate your suggestions.

We will be getting a rental car a couple of days later and attempting the complexities of driving on the "wrong" side of the road (for us) so all ideas for that area are welcome. :) It's just going to take us a while working out what we need a guide for and what we can do by ourselves.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safed area

Heather

I also suggest the Rosh Hanikra Grottoes and of course Akko the UNESCO world heritage city!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,841 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safed area

Heather--do NOT pick a guide from a website. The ability or lack thereof to have a super great website isn't 100% reflective of a guides abilities. You need to "interview" a guide. In case you haven't figured it out--top Question , 8th one, 3rd link and I explained it.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safed area

Rdglady, that is why I want as many ideas as I can before I actually book anyone.

I need a website to show my husband so he has something to look at. He leaves the organising to me but this is one way I can include him in the planning.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,854 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safed area

Arye does not have a website to my knowledge. He is not that high tech. But he is wonderful and will show you Tsfat in a great way. So you may just have to trust us on that. My friend Louis and I loved him.

I don't think he is a driving guide. Richard Woolf does a lot of work in the north and nearly everyone speaks well of him. But I would use Arye for a walking tour of Tsfat.

Douglas Duckett

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safed area

I have been in touch with Ilan Shulman for a jeep tour and he recommended someone called Eitan for Safed. He only gave the telephone number, but I managed to track down an Eitan on the web with that phone number. - Eitan Blumberg, who seems to live in Rosh Pina. Has anyone heard of him?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,164 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safed area

http://timetunnel.co.il/ This gives an idea about guide Buznach. We loved him and his guiding.We are interested in art and he knows everybody in Safed so he took us the houses of the artists and studios. We met wonderful people (no pushing to buy anything).

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Safed area

Thank you Douglas and Shoshi. :)