We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

our itinerary for 2 ½ days in the north

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
our itinerary for 2 ½ days in the north

We are renting a car and planning 2 ½ days and 2 nights in the north to include: Caesarea, Akko , Haifa, Nazareth, Tzfat, Mount of Beatitudes Megiddo, Tiberias, and Capernaum and maybe El Carmel and Beit Alpha.

We would like to take our time specifically in Akko (including a visit to David Miro and lunch in the area) and Tzfat. In Haifa we would like to visit the Bahai Gardens and possibly take their tour.

We are also interested in a place I visited last year, which I believe was in the north, where people can bring their olives for pressing and they also made and sold halva! I also read of a wholesale spice market in the north.

I am asking for suggestions on the layout of the days, where to stay and some suggestions on food.

We are considering staying at Moshav Ramot. What is a Zimmer? Does this location make sense considering the sites on our itinerary?

As always, with much gratitude for your input. - Evew

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,904 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: our itinerary for 2 ½ days in the north

<<What is a Zimmer? >>

Pronounced "tzimmer", it's a bed-and-breakfast, or country lodging.

You mention 11 places, 12 if you include the olive-pressing (I don't know anything about that), in two and a half days. That works out to four or five places a day, which is too many. Also you need to take driving time into consideration. A lot of the roads in that area are narrow and winding, and you won't be zipping around. More likely you'll be stuck behind a slow-moving truck.

El Carmel? Do you mean Daliyat el-Carmel, the Druse village?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,889 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: our itinerary for 2 ½ days in the north

Caesarea, Akko , Haifa, Nazareth and Megiddo are close to ne another more or less and require at least two days. Mount of Beatitudes, Capernaum and maybe Beit Alpha will take a day, So you should stay somewhere more in "the middle". Ramot is out of this way. A zimmer means B&B. for you plan staying in Amirim makes more sense..

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: our itinerary for 2 ½ days in the north

Moshav Ramot on the Golan Heights is out of your way. Best to base yourself more centrally north of Tiberias - Vered HaGalil guesthouse, Nof Ginnosar Country Lodging or other accommodation in the Galilee area. I'm sure others will suggest.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: our itinerary for 2 ½ days in the north

Thank you for your input and suggestions. I will scale down our plans by prioritizing and simplifying. Any suggestions on where to spend our two nights? We do not need or want anything fancy.

Please feel free to share your opinions of Kfar Blum, Nof Ginasar, Ma'agan and Lavi in terms of location and quality. Thank you. - Evew

Edited: 19 November 2013, 18:51
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: our itinerary for 2 ½ days in the north

Kfar Blum is quite far north for the sites you want to see. In addition, it is probably the most expensive of the northern hotels. Nof Ginasaur is near Capernaum and is a good location. If your 2.5 days in the north includes Shabbat, then you should not stay at Lavi which is a Shabbat observant kibbutz but has good reviews and decent accommodation.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: our itinerary for 2 ½ days in the north

Anmejoshme - After I posted, I mapped out the locations and saw how far north it is. Thank you for your comments on the other locations.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: our itinerary for 2 ½ days in the north

Kfar Blum is my favourite place to stay but I am biased because I have wonderful friends who live on the kibbutz and I often stay with them. When I bring groups, this is the hotel of my choice in the north since it has such consistently high standards and great food (and I really like the spa as well). It is great for touring the Golan and the Upper Galilee but not convenient if you only want to go as far north as the Kinneret.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: our itinerary for 2 ½ days in the north

One place which might be the Oil pressing place + tehina + halvah - Saba Habib at Kibbutz Farod. Very friendly and one of my favorite. Located on the road #89 to Safed.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 23:44
9. Re: our itinerary for 2 ½ days in the north

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 05:18