We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A little waterfall near Tabigha?

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
A little waterfall near Tabigha?

Some time ago either here or elsewhere I saw some pictures of a small waterfall on the north west shore of the Kinneret flowing into it. I thought it mentioned some springs as well, which may or may not have been hot springs or something? it is supposed to be near Capernaum (Kfar Nahum) or just to the west of it.

Help me out, I need some refreshing on this site, as I cannot find it very easily. I thought it had some historical value, and it was said that this was probably the site where Jesus told the fishermen to try again and their nets became so full they couldn't haul in their catch.

Where exactly is it? What is it called? And how do I get there? Can it be visited? I think it can.

Thank you so much in advance for helping my one or two working memory cells to refresh.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,431 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A little waterfall near Tabigha?

Tabgha is the traditional site you are speaking of, and its Greek name was Heptapegon, or Seven Springs. But I've never seen a small waterfall there. I hope others will add more information.

Douglas Duckett

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,431 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A little waterfall near Tabigha?

A decent write-up can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabgha

Douglas Duckett

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A little waterfall near Tabigha?

I think you may be referring to Job's Spring.,,

www.biblewalks.com/Sites/JobsSpring.html

There are instructions on how to find it on that page.

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A little waterfall near Tabigha?

Ding ding ding ding, Heather we have a winner! Thank you so much! One part of one of my memory cells tells me that it was also called Job's spring. I remember that bus parking lot as well.

Toda Roba!

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A little waterfall near Tabigha?

If you find it can you tell us what it is like and whether it is worth visiting. I didn't succeed in getting my dear hubby to stop and look for it on my last trip. :)

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A little waterfall near Tabigha?

You have to walk north along the shore from Tabgha, towards Capernaum. It's actually easy to see from a boat heading to Capernaum (as long as it's flowing). Not a waterfall, but a spring. See pic:

…blogspot.com/-XTd0yQhkoCE/U7WyoEFJpWI/AAAAA…

There is some suggestion that this cove was warmed by these waters and that the warmer water drew fish there in the cool of the night. Which is why Capernaum fishermen fished there overnight.

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A little waterfall near Tabigha?

Thank you Al. And Heather I certainly will. Also want to thank you for that link, now I've got some serious looking to do there!

And as I said in another thread or two, I am wanting to make more of my next trip on some of the 'other' beauty of Israel. One can only take so many pictures of churches; built by man. This next trip I want to see some of the things built by G-d, the natural wonders and just chill with the people.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,431 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A little waterfall near Tabigha?

That really is cool. Thanks for the info and details, Al!

Douglas Duckett

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A little waterfall near Tabigha?

To dig this thread up again.

Yes, it is Job's spring that I wish to visit. From Heather's link it seems as though I would need to park my car at Tagbtha since the entrance is to the east of the bus and taxi parking; I remember that parking place well. I guess that I could park at Tabthga and then walk down the highway to the east from there?

Are there any other suggestions?

Thank you all.

Edited: 16 February 2015, 02:49
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,794 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A little waterfall near Tabigha?

Teddy, There is a decent parking lot in front of the Church of the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes in Tabgha. From there there is a sidewalk towards Capernaum you will use.