We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping on the Kinneret/Galilee

lbanderson04
3 posts
Save Topic
Camping on the Kinneret/Galilee

I'm looking for advice on camping on the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) next weekend. Specifically I'm looking for info on campgrounds (do you need one or just set up camp anywhere? Phone numbers/places for more info?, etc. etc. etc. )

Are there places I can rent camping equipment? (either in Tel Aviv or on the Kineret).

Also: travel to the campgrounds from Tiberias. I live in Tel Aviv and would rather not rent a car becuase of the cost. I'd prefer to take the bus to Tiberias if there will be available ground transportation to the campgrounds/camping areas.

Any info, suggestions or personal experience on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping on the Kinneret/Galilee

Shalom,

there are planty of camping sites around the Kinneret and in the galilee. if you go this time of the year i recommend to go to the kinneret and not to the galilee because of the heat - it's always fun when you can cool yourself in the water anytime you want.

some known camping sites around lake kinneret are: Gofra beach, Ha'On beach, Karei deshe. if you need any specific info - let me know.

i didn't find any information about renting equipment, but i belive you don't need more than a sleeping-bag. i can give you mine if you want...

find me here for more info,

Asaf

Herzliya, Israel
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping on the Kinneret/Galilee

hi

if your hebrew is good, check out this site, which has the names/contact info on the camping grounds around the Kinneret.

http://www.cuponofesh.co.il/cat-19.php

if you click on "atar" (in hebrew, of course), it'll take you to a brief description of the place, plus a discount coupon if you decide to camp there.

otherwise, let me know, and i'll go through it and paste in the contact info for you.

3. Re: Camping on the Kinneret/Galilee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 03:17