We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of Carmel Corporate Apartments

Alberta
Level Contributor
117 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Beware of Carmel Corporate Apartments

We had booked a 2 bedroom apartment with Dorit the owner, for summer 2011. We wanted a price, but she said to contact closer to the time to get the actual price. Now when we contact her to get the price, she quotes us, then an email later telling us she no longer has the 2 bedroom, it is rented. Now we are left trying to find a place. We stayed with her a couple years ago, and it was no problem. I would suggest that anyone considering booking there, you be cautious.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware of Carmel Corporate Apartments

This is very annoying, I had the same problem once when I booked an apartment in Germany. I had to re-route my travel as there were no apartments for rent anymore in that area. I do hope you will find something suitable instead.

Alberta
Level Contributor
117 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware of Carmel Corporate Apartments

We got very lucky, and yesterday booked a lovely 2 bedroom. Not in Carmel area as we wanted, but down in Hof HaCarmel, on Ester HaMalka. We will have a car, and it has covered parking, so no concerns. Being that we want to be at the beach as much as possible, this works fine. So refreshing to deal with this owner, who was so nice. In the end, it all worked out. But still very annoyed at the other place. We now can look forward to our holiday. Thanks!!

Haifa
Level Contributor
294 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware of Carmel Corporate Apartments

I am happy that you found an apartment you like - but I think there is some confusion about the location. There's no residential area Hof haCarmel in Haifa (though a train station and a beach are called so). Ester haMalka street is nowhere near the place. This street is in HOD haCarmel area (also called Denia) - an upscale residential area, up the mountain and not near the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
Alberta
Level Contributor
117 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware of Carmel Corporate Apartments

Thanks for catching that. I must have hit the wrong key. I know where it is located. But am glad to hear that it is a nice area. We usually stay up in the Carmel. With the car, we can go anywhere we want. Will be nice to be back in Haifa.

Mentioned in this post
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware of Carmel Corporate Apartments

Ester Hamalca is not in Denia. It is in Neve David, just across the road from Hof Hacarmel (the beach). this is very close to the cemetery and it is a residential area. It is 5 min walk from the Leonardo Hotel on the beach but it is not consider central. If you have a car and you plan to stay there only to sleep it is OK but don't expect much of this neighborhood.

Alberta
Level Contributor
117 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware of Carmel Corporate Apartments

I knew that it was close to the Leonardo, and that there is nothing around. That is why we have the car, and it is as you said, a place to sleep. I went again to google maps and put in the address, and was puzzled at JJ's comment as to the location. My wife used to live in Haifa area, so she knows how to get around. I just wish it was July aleady and we were there.

Mentioned in this post
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware of Carmel Corporate Apartments

How was your stay at this flat? Do you have contact details?

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,430 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware of Carmel Corporate Apartments

Jonathan:

JXB was in Israel nearly a year ago so I doubt that he will look at this thread. I suggest the you send him a "Personal Message" (click on his name).

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware of Carmel Corporate Apartments

10. Re: Beware of Carmel Corporate Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:16