We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from Haifa to Jerusalem

detriot, michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
train from Haifa to Jerusalem

What is the schedule and fare of taking the train from Haifa to Jerusalem. Where do I call for more information.

Seattle
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train from Haifa to Jerusalem

Google Israel Railroad. This will take yo to the web site of the Railroad.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train from Haifa to Jerusalem

israrail.co.il - but as you will see, there is no direct train and the journey is very long.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,897 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train from Haifa to Jerusalem

Long, but beautiful. Actually, last time I did the journey it worked out about the same time-wise as a bus ride - J'lem to Tel Aviv is very slow but Tel Aviv to Haifa is fast. For the experience, I would take the train over the bus any day. It's much nicer and the journey from Jerusalem is really stunning. The fare for both is pretty similar - I think the train is slightly more expensive from memory, but not by much.

Avigail

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train from Haifa to Jerusalem

What has changed since you were here last, Avigail, is that there is no direct train to tel Aviv anymore from Jerusalem, and one has to connect in Bet Shemesh. Which means two connections and well over three hours journey for a trip which by bus can be made in around two hours, with no connections at all.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,897 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train from Haifa to Jerusalem

Sorry, I forgot about that (haven't taken a train since 2005...) When are they planning to open the high-speed train link (and for that matter, whatever local transport system it is that they have been building forever around Jerusalem)?

Avigail

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,897 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train from Haifa to Jerusalem

Sorry, I forgot about that (haven't taken a train since 2005...) When are they planning to open the high-speed train link (and for that matter, whatever local transport system it is that they have been building forever around Jerusalem)?

Avigail

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: train from Haifa to Jerusalem

I definitely would not recommend taking the train from Jerusaelm to Tel Aviv. Not only has it been known to be unsafe for

technical reasons not political, but its boring. Also, there is

the question of suitcases, you can't sit near your suitcases many times when the train is crowded. These are things to consider. But,

people should do what they want and if a train ride is their dream, so why not LOL.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: train from Haifa to Jerusalem

It'll take a long time, Avigail. Light train in Jerusalem around 2009/10 and the modern train link to Tel Aviv also around then. I hope you'll come before.

9. Re: train from Haifa to Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 06:19