We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy to ISrael

Which Haifa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Italy to ISrael

I've seen stuff on line for cargo ships that you can board as a passenger to get from Italy to Israel but now I can't find them. I the service has evaporated

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,858 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy to ISrael

We have had this question pop up once in a while but it looks like that there is no such service.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,620 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy to ISrael

No longer exists.

Harrison Hot...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Italy to ISrael

I am going to Jerusalem from Spain via Italy on motorcycle. leaving about June 1st and am open to advise from anyone that has done this trip !?! i am 65 and Canadian , who only speaks English .

thanks for your help !

ajraber69@gmail.com

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,688 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Italy to ISrael

AVY R, you shouldn't put your e-mail address on this forum unless you want to be inundated with spam. Click on 'REPORT INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT" at the bottom of your post and delete your post.

Then post again, preferably as a new thread, without your e-mail address.

Anyway, there are no regular passenger ferries to Israel.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,217 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italy to ISrael

You will have a very long way to go and not an easy trip if you want to go from Italy to Israel on a motorcycle - essentially, since there is no ferry or ship service - you would need to get across Lebanon and Syria into Jordan before you could cross into Israel.

I would not recommend this idea right now as Syria is not a safe place to be these days.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,688 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Italy to ISrael

And in case you are not aware, if Lebanon and Syria know you are going to Israel they will not allow you in.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,688 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Italy to ISrael

If I may take the liberty of pointing you in the direction of, ahem, another travel website:

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Italy to ISrael

As far as I remember there is a travel agency located in London that operates pickups for passengers on cargo ships from Italy... I remember reading an article about it... i'll try to find it again.

Edited: 25 February 2013, 09:49
Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Italy to ISrael

there is a company that books passenger passages on commercial container ships and other bulk carriers - not VLCC's or LNG carriers since they are dangerous. however, these types of excursions must be booked months if not years in advance and are quite expensive since the demand greatly exceeds the supply.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Italy to ISrael

see my post here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293977-i1733-k619…