We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions please for 1am arrival

Which Haifa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions please for 1am arrival

I am arriving from the west coast of the U.S. (originating from Hawaii!) very early in the am. I am en route to Haifa, then Acco, but think I'll need a night in Tel Aviv to sleep off jet lag. Any suggestions on a reasonably priced hotel not far from the train? Mahalo!

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,753 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions please for 1am arrival

There is only one hotel near the stain station (Ha-Shalom), Crowne Plaza City Center, and it is not cheap.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions please for 1am arrival

Just did the same thing. It took me about an hour and a half to get out of the airport. took a taxi snd stayed at Hotel De La Mer, one block off the beach in Tel Aviv. Reasonably priced and great breakfast.

israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,753 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions please for 1am arrival

The Crowne Plaza City Center is next to the train station so you can proceed in the morning directly to Haifa. I checked the pric for the end of May and it is about 200$/night including breakfast.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions please for 1am arrival

Unless you are arriving on a Friday night/Saturday morning, consider taking a train from the airport straight to Haifa.

Trains run hourly through the night, leaving Ben-Gurion Airport station at xx:50.

israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,753 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions please for 1am arrival

Shuffaluff - great idea!!!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,826 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions please for 1am arrival

If you are heading to Akko and already taking the train north, I would take it all the way to Akko (not much farther than Haifa) and get that out of the way.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,547 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions please for 1am arrival

Timetables can be found at: http://www.rail.co.il/EN. The train journey to Haifa/Akko is nonstop and takes 1hr 15 mins to the first of the Haifa stations, and 1 hr 45 mins to Akko.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,081 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions please for 1am arrival

I would go straight through to Akko. You are so messed up time wise, then go for broke. Checking in and out of a hotel ( checkout is usually noon) isn't going to help you much. ( IMO) just let the hotel know you are arriving 'late" and make sure to pay for the night before your arrival, so you can get there and nap a little.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions please for 1am arrival

Thanks everyone, looks like just heading straight to Haifa is the best idea. Good to know the trains run through the night. Appreciate the help!

10. Re: Suggestions please for 1am arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Haifa