We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haifa to Nablus (Sat/Sunday)

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Haifa to Nablus (Sat/Sunday)

Hello!

I'm looking to make a trip from Haifa to Nablus this weekend. Depending on a friend's availability, I'll either want to arrive in Nablus early Saturday or Sunday.

Is it possible to get there on Sat? I'm fine with sheruts, but I don't want to pay a crazy amount for a private taxi. I also wasn't sure if the checkpoint would be open since it's Shabbat...

Also if anyone knows the best route/and most inexpensive for getting from Haifa to Nablus on normal days (like Sunday) that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Katie

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haifa to Nablus (Sat/Sunday)

Try asking this in the West Bank forum. You could theoretically do this on a Saturday with sheruts/Palestinian buses: Haifa - Tel Aviv - Jerusalem - Ramallah - Nablus but that seems a terribly long way round, and there may well be faster options.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Haifa to Nablus (Sat/Sunday)

I will, thank you!

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,794 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haifa to Nablus (Sat/Sunday)

Avigail suggestion is the only feasible way I know. You have to reach Damascus gate in Jerusalem, take bus #18 to Ramalla and continue with a taxi. More details @ http://www.cicts.org/default.asp?id=439

Edited: 31 October 2013, 12:09
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Haifa to Nablus (Sat/Sunday)

Going via Jerusalem: Jerusalem to Nablus is no problem on a Saturday (or any other day). But Haifa to Jerusalem on a Saturday is another story. For that reason, it would be infinitely better to do this journey on a Sunday.

However, from reading this and other forums I have learnt that you can take a bus (an Israeli bus) from Kfar Saba to one of the West Bank settlements such as Kedumim or Shavei Shomron. When you get there, wait on the main road OUTSIDE the settlement for a passing Palestinian vehicle heading to Nablus.

The 947 bus from Haifa (Hof Hacarmel bus terminal) to Jerusalem has a stop at the Ra'anana junction, from where it's a short walk to Kfar Saba. Again, this is something you can't do on a Saturday, obviously.

If you want more details on this, send a signal. As I said, going this way is something I have only read about. I have never done it myself, and as an Israeli I am not permitted to enter Nablus anyway.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haifa to Nablus (Sat/Sunday)

Don't go via Jerusalem, I would advise to go via Afula and Jenin. This is the most direct way and shortest way.

Just take any bus from Haifa's Merkazit Hamifratz central bus station (one of 2 central bus stations in Haifa) to Afula central bus station.

From Afula switch to bus 52 and get off at Jalameh crossing. Cross over to the PA and take a servees to Jenin. From Jenin take another servees or bus to Nablus.

Take into account that the Israeli buses don't work on Saturdays.

And a note to my fellow DE's: there's absolutley no reason to go from Haifa to Jerusalem VIA Tel Aviv! It is shorter to take the direct buses from Haifa to Jerusalem via hwy 6 (buses 960 from Merkazit Hamifratz C.B.S or the less frequent 940 from Hof HaCarmel C.B.S)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Haifa to Nablus (Sat/Sunday)

Amos, the only mention of going from Haifa to Jerusalem via Tel Aviv on this thread is in the context of sheruts on Shabbat, when there's no alternative! (Avigail's post No. 1)

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haifa to Nablus (Sat/Sunday)

Shuffaluff - I stand corrected. Thanks.

8. Re: Haifa to Nablus (Sat/Sunday)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:16