We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private tours from Haifa (cruise ship) to Jerusalem

West Linn, Oregon
3 posts
Save Topic
private tours from Haifa (cruise ship) to Jerusalem

good private tours to Jerusalem and Masada from cruise ship in Haifa?

Free Tours Haifa
City Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
Eva-Israeltours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours
R.E.J. Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: private tours from Haifa (cruise ship) to Jerusalem

From the Israel forum page look on the right hand side under top questions and there is a link about tours from cruises.

For more specifics you really need to say when you are arriving, how much time you have and if you are can overnight in Jerusalem. You can't expect to do both Jerusalem and Masada in a day trip from Haifa. If you have only 1 or 2 days, then Jerusalem should be your focus.

West Linn, Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: private tours from Haifa (cruise ship) to Jerusalem

we have 2 days, Feb 4 and 5. One day in Jerusalem and next day to Masada. Should we spend night in Jerusalem and then on to Masada or not enough time?

Edited: 07 November 2013, 16:11
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,761 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: private tours from Haifa (cruise ship) to Jerusalem

You need to take into consideration that it will take a minimum of two hours (if all goes smoothly) driving time from the port in Haifa to Jerusalem - so that your day will include close to 5 hours of simply driving back and forth. I understand the frustration of being so close and yet so far, but this will make for extremely long days and will incur additional charges for such a long day.

From Jerusalem it is almost two more hours travel time - leaving you very little time to see anything.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,761 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: private tours from Haifa (cruise ship) to Jerusalem

What time is your ship arriving on the 4th and what time are you due to sail on the 5th?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,882 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: private tours from Haifa (cruise ship) to Jerusalem

Welcome to the Israel forums

If you have two days and want to attempt to also do Masada you definitely need to overnight in Jerusalem. Being able to go to Masada one day really depends upon what time your ship is scheduled to arrive and then depart.

While you could do this on your own, you are spot on in asking about private guides. Any licensed Israeli guide can do this with you. If you go to the Israel forum ( you are on the Haifa forum) you will find a list of Top Questions on the upper right side of your screen. The 8th question down is titled "private guides?" If you click the link, three links appear. All contain names of guides, the last also contains a suggested method for choosing the best possible guide. ( as well as guide names) One of the guides is Oreets--who responded to you earlier!

BTW you can help share the cost of the guide by going to cruise critic roll call and seeing if you can get another couple to join you. ( if you want)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,769 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: private tours from Haifa (cruise ship) to Jerusalem

If the ship does not offer a two day tour from Haifa to Jerusalem and Masada you can hire a private guide driver, but will not be cheap. I would start at Masada which is a 4 hour drive from Haifa and stay overnight in Jerusalem, departing for the port at least 4.5 hours before ships expected sailing (to make up for any delays that might occur enroute). You must be on board your ship one hour before sailing and be at the port about one hour prior to that to get to your ship.

Chana

Israel

uk
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: private tours from Haifa (cruise ship) to Jerusalem

Greetings

Planing a trip next year in April/march 2014 to Hafia with a group of mainly children total including adults total of 29 can you recommend places to stay either youth hostel and or low budget bed & Breakfast?

I also would like to learn the young children aged 12 something about the culture can you also give me a tip of a book ? thanking you and I look forward to a positive reply

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,174 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: private tours from Haifa (cruise ship) to Jerusalem

Wen, Welcome.

To search on low but decent B&B I suggest to use airbnb, @ https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/82199. I really suggest on the Akko youth hostel allowing you to experience great UNESCO heritage place! b.t.w. Why not to open your own thread?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,882 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: private tours from Haifa (cruise ship) to Jerusalem

wen--glad to see you followed Giora's suggestion and opened your own thread. ( especially since your question has nothing to do with this thread) Now, to keep things simple, how about removing your question from this thread? The way you do it is

a. Click 'report inappropriate content " ( lower right corner of box that has your post)

b. On drop down menu that will open, go near the bottom and click, "remove my post"

c. That's all there is to it! Post will disappear almost immediately ( need to refresh your screen to see it)

Maryland
Level Contributor
600 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: private tours from Haifa (cruise ship) to Jerusalem

Looks like the OP is sailing on MSC Fantasia, which arrives in Haifa at 0800 on 4 Feb and departs 1600 on 5 Feb. We had a 4 day Haifa port stop in 2011, and we spent 3 of the days with private guide Moti Bar Tuv (en.travel-israel.info/CruisesExcursions/), whom I would recommend without hesitation.