We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haifa to the Airport on Shabbat

Which Haifa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Haifa to the Airport on Shabbat

Hi all,

I have to travel to Ben Gurion Airport tonight, I wanted to take a sherut from downtown Haifa. Does anyone know where the sheruts to the airport leave from, and what their schedule is? Due to the cold I don't want to be waiting for it for too long!

Also, I have to be at the airport at 8:30...does anyone know how long the trip takes via sherut? Also if you have info as to the cost of a one-way trip, that'd be great!

Thanks!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,224 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Haifa to the Airport on Shabbat

There is no sherut (in the usual meaning of the term) from Haifa to the airport.

There is a company called Amal, which goes from Haifa to the airport, and it must be reserved in advance. It will pick you up in any place of your choice. The phone number is (04) 867-6444. The company will be able to answer all your questions. I've never used this company, or needed to, but it has been going for years and is presumably reliable.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,765 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haifa to the Airport on Shabbat

The company providing this service is Amal Taxis - you can call them at:04-8662324 for all the information you need.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,224 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Haifa to the Airport on Shabbat

Seems Amal has more than one number!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,765 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haifa to the Airport on Shabbat

Hopefully one of them will work - and I guess there is something good about all the double posting we've been doing:)

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Haifa to the Airport on Shabbat

Thank you both!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,032 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haifa to the Airport on Shabbat

Don't forget that if it is still raining it will take longer. Ask them how long and even if the answer seems longer than you think logical--stick with it! They are the experts.

7. Re: Haifa to the Airport on Shabbat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Haifa