We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels to beach

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels to beach

Hi, (me again) Can anyone tell me how to get from the Haifa hotels (for example Crown Plaza or Dan Panorama) to the beach? Is it far? Which buses/trains do we take?

We are looking for a nice beach to spend a few hours.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,861 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels to beach

I can't tell you what bus to take, but while they are obviously not walking distance, the beaches are not that far -- and I agree with choosing hotels that offer that spectacular view of the bay.

Of those two hotels, by the way, the Crowne Plaza is far better. I have stayed at both. The Dan Panorama is fine and has good service, but is more worn and dated. The Crowne Plaza is just lovely -- my clear favorite hotel in the city. In fact, I will be there in 79 days! :-)

Douglas Duckett

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels to beach

Yes I like Crown Plaza however I prefer an outdoor pool.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,861 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels to beach

And the Dan Panorama pool is indeed lovely. It that is important, that is probably your better pick.

Douglas Duckett

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,166 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels to beach

Try the website bus.co.il to check all travel possibilities.

Richmond, Michigan
Level Contributor
923 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels to beach

Went to Dado beach from Ben Gurion Avenue, I think we took tram number 1. Dado beach is very nice, many places to eat on the beach, nice paved promenade. Nice changing area where you can shower and clean up after a dip.

Richmond, Michigan
Level Contributor
923 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels to beach

Search on iPhone Google maps says bus number 133 from Crown Plaza Hotel.

Tram or bus number 3 from Dan Panorama

Edited: 19 August 2014, 20:37
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels to beach

If you decide to stay in Dan Panorama (I totally agree with Douglass, Dan Panorma is a bit shabby, has not been renovated in ages, but other than that its a very good hotel), you have several options to go to the beach. If you head from the hotel left towards the center of the Carmel at the crossing of Shdreoth Hanasi and Derech Hayam there is on Derech Hayam bus 35 that goes to Hof Hacarmel. Its a short walk from there to the beach and no. 200 that goes to Dado. But much better is line 99 that goes through Shderot Hanasi to Hof Dado.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 12:58
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,798 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels to beach

Shawn, there are no trams in Haifa! It was a Metronit, which is a big glorified bus...

Richmond, Michigan
Level Contributor
923 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels to beach

TY Shuff, wasn't sure what to call it.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,977 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels to beach

Excuse my ignorance. What's Metronit? I grew up in Neve Shaanan. There was Carmelit from Paris sq. to Central Carmel and there were buses, taxis ( sherut ), but no such thing as Metronit!

Yuri.