We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Dan Lounge at TLV for an overnight nap for 7am flight

Redwood City...
Level Contributor
47 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Using Dan Lounge at TLV for an overnight nap for 7am flight

Can anyone please tell me if it is worth it to get a hotel if we have a 7am flight the next day? We will have access to the Dan Lounge at the airport. Would it be possible to head to the airport around 10pm for a 7am flight and hang out all night in the lounge? Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
1,272 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
11 replies to this topic
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,640 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using Dan Lounge at TLV for an overnight nap for 7am flight

I believe there is a two hour max stay and I'm unsure if it's even open 24 hours (someone can check me on that)

Anyways.... why would you want to do that? Get another hotel night and enjoy your last evening in Israel. Be at the airport around 4AM.

Dr. Z

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using Dan Lounge at TLV for an overnight nap for 7am flight

As far as I know the Dan lounge is after check in, passport control and security check. As check in opens only three hours before flight you can't spend all night there.

If you don't keep your hotel room for this short night, you probabely have to leave the room at around 11 and wouldn't have a place to rest or to take a shower. It's your decision.

Mentioned in this post
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
1,272 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,195 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using Dan Lounge at TLV for an overnight nap for 7am flight

I will add that the Dan Lounge at TLV is the most underwhelming airport lounge I have experienced. Even if it were possible to stay overnight -- it's not -- it would not be a pleasant place to pass a night. It's not awful -- just very basic.

Douglas Duckett

Mentioned in this post
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
1,272 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,839 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using Dan Lounge at TLV for an overnight nap for 7am flight

The lounge is post security and check-in - you have no way to access the lounge until you have gone through security and checked in for your flight - and there is no way to do that any earlier than 3 hours before your flight - so no, the lounge won't help you -- and you do have to be at the airport no later than 4 am for a 7 am flight.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
150 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Using Dan Lounge at TLV for an overnight nap for 7am flight

Ben Gourion airport offers very basic facilities by Western standards, don't expect the same kind of comfort as you would find in big Western European airports. Not a good idea to spend the night there, and in any case they will not let you enter until three hours before your flight. One more night at the hotel in Tel Aviv is best, it's a short drive to Ben Gourion.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,633 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Using Dan Lounge at TLV for an overnight nap for 7am flight

<<Not a good idea to spend the night there, and in any case they will not let you enter until three hours before your flight.>>

Nonsense. Typical disinformation from Allega.

Thousands of people spend the night there (not in the Dan Lounge, which is the topic of this thread, but in the airport in general). Many people, including myself, do it because there is no public transport from their home town to the airport to get them there at 3 a.m. so we go the night before. You can't start the *security process* until three hours before your flight, but there is nothing to stop you entering the airport 15 hours before that if you want to. There is no sleeping area, but people spread out on the floor, or walk around, or spend money in the shops, or whatever.

Mentioned in this post
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
1,272 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Europe
Level Contributor
414 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Using Dan Lounge at TLV for an overnight nap for 7am flight

If we're getting down to brass tacks...

Behind the shops which are behind the check-in desks (accessible to all) there is a long row of aluminium tables and fixed swivel chairs, in front of the glass wall with a view of the airport. Just under these tables, hidden from view, are metal benches. Now, not exactly comfortable - but if you want to lie down and get some sleep - that's probably better than the standard chairs.

Europe
Level Contributor
414 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Using Dan Lounge at TLV for an overnight nap for 7am flight

As to the Dan lounges - yes, there is a 2 hour limit - not sure if they strictly enforce it.

The lounges do not operate 24x7 - they shut down at some point(alternately I believe - there are a couple of them). For people who are in transit in Tel Aviv (rare but does happen) a long stay in a Dan lounge might be an option.

Mentioned in this post
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
1,272 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,908 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Using Dan Lounge at TLV for an overnight nap for 7am flight

I haven't used the Dan Lounge at TLV, since I use the King David lounge. However, if you go to Flyertalk, the Dan Lounge is considered to be very very poor in terms of services and being very crowded.

Mentioned in this post
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
1,272 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
The King David
The King David
1,625 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Europe
Level Contributor
414 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Using Dan Lounge at TLV for an overnight nap for 7am flight

I do use the Dan lounge. Flyertalk opinions of the Dan lounge are poor because it's being compared to "proper" lounges such as those in Europe or Asia.

As it stands, the Dan lounges are not so bad - better than they used to be. F&B are reasonable, better than the lackluster US lounges. No showers, which is a shame. Reasonable selection of newspapers. Separate WiFi network.

Since they stopped allowing corporate cards free access, overcrowding has diminished a lot - I cannot recall a single occasion this year the lounge was full. While there are many better lounges, the Dans are nowhere near the bottom end of the scale.

Mentioned in this post
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
Dan Jerusalem Hotel
1,272 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Europe
Europe
World
Reply to: Using Dan Lounge at TLV for an overnight nap for 7am flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted