We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tight schedule

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
315 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Tight schedule

Hi all, husband and I will be in Israel for one week in June we have very limited time and we're wondering if it's possible to see Bethlehem and the Dead Sea in one day, I've checked Abraham tours as we are doing the 3 day Petra trip with them and although these two activities are done as half day tours I can't find a combined one, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....... mandy

3 replies to this topic
Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
550 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tight schedule

Does it have to be organized tour?

If you do it by yourself it's possible. Start with Bethlehem, spend there 3-4 hours and then drive to the Dead Sea to relax. At the evning you can drive back to Jerusalem, or even better idea is to stay one night in the Dead Sea.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
315 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tight schedule

Thank you Molad, I have been thinking of doing the Bethlehem part independently, we haven't the time to stay overnight at the Dead Sea so may be a tour in the morning then get the bus to Bethlehem as we won't have a car many thanks...... mandy

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,175 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tight schedule

Because of the logistics and political realities involved, it's very unlikely you would find a tour that goes to both Bethlehem and the Dead Sea in one day. Bethlehem is in the Palestinian Authority, and is easily reached by bus from Jerusalem (outside the Damascus Gate of the Old City).

There is no road from Bethlehem to the Dead Sea, and you need to go via Jerusalem. There is nothing to do at the Dead Sea at night anyway.

Reply to: Tight schedule
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted