We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

king david or the david citadel? where to stay?

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
3 posts
Save Topic
king david or the david citadel? where to stay?

I am contemplating where to stay in jerusalem, and both of these hotels sound wonderful....has anyone been to both hotels? I would like a suggestion and differences between the two. This would be much appreciated....thanks!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,229 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: king david or the david citadel? where to stay?

Suzanne, yppub's comment reminds me of the old Yogi Berra quote: "No one goes to that restaurant anymore. It's too crowded." :-)

Obviously, different people look for different things. But for the amount of money one spends to stay in hotels at that level, you can buy so much in the way of other experiences (including tours with experienced guides!). When I'm in Israel, I'm so busy that all I do in the hotel is sleep. Give me a good bed in a clean room, and I'm happy.

Douglas Duckett

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: king david or the david citadel? where to stay?

I just had to put my two cents in. I've stayed at the King David several times including for both my daughter's Bat Mitzvah, and then for my son's Bar Mitzvah. The hotel has so much charm and history, I think it is not to be missed. I've stayed in deluxe suites and in regular rooms. I cried the first time we stayed there. I was so overwhelmed by the beauty, and I remember telling my kids as I looked off our mirpeset (balcony) at the old city "It doesn't get better than this"

That being said, we are staying for my next son's bar mitzvah at the David Citadel. The King David could not accommodate our entire group. I look forward to the change of pace, but I know that I will be back at the King DAvid.