We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Working in Jerusalem

Coimbatore, India
4 posts
Working in Jerusalem

Hi All,

Is it safe to go to Jerusalem for work. What are the safe locations? Do's and Don't. Please help me with this.

11 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,517 posts
1. Re: Working in Jerusalem

Welcome to TripAdvisor.

Do you have a visa that allows you to work in Israel?

Edited: 17 September 2018, 11:39
Coimbatore, India
4 posts
2. Re: Working in Jerusalem

I am planning to apply to work in Jerusalem. Not yet decided. First have to check whether its safe to work there

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,979 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Working in Jerusalem

Yes, it is safe.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,807 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Working in Jerusalem

Probably much safer than many cities in India.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,850 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Working in Jerusalem

It is safe IF YOU ARE LEGAL. You can not work on a tourist visa. BTW, holders of Indian passports are never issued any time of visa upon entry you must apply in advance.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
324 reviews
6. Re: Working in Jerusalem

jahfersadiq, I might disappoint you, but, in order to apply for working VISA you need to have a sponsoring company from Israel asking for your services

New Haven...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Working in Jerusalem

Jerusalem is a relatively safe city -- safer than New York, certainly, though millions of people live and visit that city. You'll probably want to avoid wandering around East Jerusalem, but I think you'll feel safe throughout your visit. In Jerusalem -- and throughout most of Israel -- you'll find men and women comfortably walking around day and night. You'll also notice that Israelis are keenly aware of their surroundings and will come to the aid of anyone in trouble. So go in comfort and take some time away from work to enjoy this beautiful city. It is really an amazing place!

Towson, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
63 reviews
8. Re: Working in Jerusalem

I would go in a heartbeat if I had the chance. Amazing city.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,517 posts
9. Re: Working in Jerusalem

Jerusalem is very safe, so that is not a matter for concern.

But as already pointed out, you can't just turn up and look for a job, if that is what you are thinking. Indian citizens need a visa even for tourism purposes, and a tourist visa doesn't allow you to work.

Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,980 posts
322 reviews
10. Re: Working in Jerusalem

Work visa are issued to Indian nationals in the field of caretakers and nurses to work in the private sector. Jerusalem is safe as is the rest of Israel.

Chana

Israel

Reply to: Working in Jerusalem
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted