We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A place for lunch after Bar/Bat Mizva

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,565 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
A place for lunch after Bar/Bat Mizva

There are numerous questions where to have such an event, so here is one possibility. Cafe-Ha-Rova is a "cafe" style place but also have full meals. It is on 11 Tife'et Israel St. in the Jewish Quarter. The place is not remarkable but is on a perfect location. Close to the entance to the Kotel from the Jewish Quarter and on the second and third floor of a building overlooking to the east. The view is outstanding. The third floor is mostly for these kind of events, just remember that the decor of the Cafe is very basic. No fax or email, phone number 02-6261336, open till 1900. I had there latkes and coffee that were very good.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,563 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A place for lunch after Bar/Bat Mizva

The place is nice---plain but nice. Beautiful views which make it special. However it got me thinking. There is a meat restaurant in the Cardo. I can't remember it's name--but maybe someone else can. It would also be a good location.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A place for lunch after Bar/Bat Mizva

The one boasting the Roman experience with waiters in togas? The Culinarium? I'm not sure it's still there though.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,563 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A place for lunch after Bar/Bat Mizva

Anon asked,

"The one boasting the Roman experience with waiters in togas? The Culinarium"

The Culinarium ( whose name I had also forgotten) hasn't been around for at least 5 years. However, just I believe, this past year, a new restaurant opened in the same space That is what I am referring to.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A place for lunch after Bar/Bat Mizva

Cardo Keyad haMelech?

Israel
Level Contributor
196 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A place for lunch after Bar/Bat Mizva

try cafe rimon in the new mamilla promenade - dairy meals, gorgeus view of the walls - very very nice and very reasonable

Israel
Level Contributor
485 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A place for lunch after Bar/Bat Mizva

I don't know the other restaurants named, but I agree with the previous poster that Cafe Rimon is great!

~ Jen ~

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A place for lunch after Bar/Bat Mizva

Roladin is better in my opinion.

NJ
Level Contributor
182 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A place for lunch after Bar/Bat Mizva

Can you tell me more about Roladin? Views. Walking distance from kotel? Menu (meat dairy)

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,565 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A place for lunch after Bar/Bat Mizva

Roladin is dairy and is located in the new Mamila mall outside the Jaffa gate.

NJ
Level Contributor
182 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A place for lunch after Bar/Bat Mizva

Shoshi, can you tell me more about Care Ha Rova. Sounds like I was looking for. Can you tell me about the view - Do you overlook the old city? mountains?

Also, I would like this to be a little on the fancy side. It is a special ocassion for us, and we will be about 20 people. Not too casual, but not very fancy either. In the middle. I love that it is close to the Kotel. Do they have a website with photos of the place? THanks so much.