We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for travel from Jerusalem to Haifa

San Antonio
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for travel from Jerusalem to Haifa

I need suggestions on how to get from Jerusalem to Haifa (actually one of the Kiryot). There are 2 of us and we will have 3 suitcases.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,289 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for travel from Jerusalem to Haifa

The easiest and the most expensive is cab. Second would be by Sheriut ( shared cab). I am not 100% sure they do that route but I am 80% sure and I know one of the Israelis will chime in.

Third way would be a combination of train and bus. You would take the Haifa train to Tel Aviv Mercaz. ( second Tel Aviv station) Then you would have to walk your suitcases ( I assume they have wheels) the equivelent of 2 blocks or so to the 480 bus which goes direct to Jerusalem. You would stow your own suitcases under the bus. The trains stations have stairs but they also have elevators and/or escalators.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,419 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for travel from Jerusalem to Haifa

From Jerusalem to Haifa you can take a direct bus no. 940, cost 40 shekels. Now you have to take another bus to the kirya you want. If the kiria you want has a train station, and the station is near where you want to go, you can take a bus to Tel Aviv (no. 480) and from there take the train that goes to that kiria. The all bus option looks better to me, as the bus from Haifa to that kiria will bring you to where you want to be.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
mid-hudson valley...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for travel from Jerusalem to Haifa

What is a kirya?

Haifa
Level Contributor
298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for travel from Jerusalem to Haifa

If you arrive to Haifa by bus from Jerusalem, you will be coming in to the South Bus station (Hof-ha-Carmel). Buses to Qrayot leave from the North Bus Station (Lev-ha-Mifratz) - so you'll first need to take a bus to get there - they are numerous, and the journey should take about 30 minutes.

If you take a train, you can either go directly to Qrayot (Qiriat Haim and Qiriat Motzkin have their own train stations, but all the qrayot are close by and a cab should be inexpensive) or you can leave the train at Lev-ha-Mifratz station and take a bus from there.

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for travel from Jerusalem to Haifa

1. KIRYA - singular for KRAYOT.

2. In my opinion Shoshi's suggestion is the best. Take the direct bus to Haifa's central bus station, and from there a bus to the KIRYA you want (if I am not mistaken there are 5 KRAYOT - Kiriyat Chaim, Kiryat Mozkin, Kiryat Ata, Kiryat Bialik and Kiryat Yam).

taking a taxi or renting a car are more convenient options but also more expensive.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,419 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for travel from Jerusalem to Haifa

Daphne - kiria mean roughly "town". It is used in the bible. As the former poster explained thete are 5 small towns north of Haifa called "kiria someting".

7. Re: Suggestions for travel from Jerusalem to Haifa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 21:16