We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I get to Sharm El Sheikh from Jersusalem or Tel Aviv

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How can I get to Sharm El Sheikh from Jersusalem or Tel Aviv

I've been reading how hard it is to get into Egypt after being in Israel. What do I have to do to assure I don't have any issues? Also how do I get there? Can I hire a car service on both sides? Is their an airline? Happy to pay $250 for two to get from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv to Sharm. Any help would be really appreciated.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
717 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I get to Sharm El Sheikh from Jersusalem or Tel Aviv

1. You can fly Tel Aviv - Cairo with Air Sinai and then Cairo - Sharm el Sheikh with Egypt Air. That is very easy because Air Sinai and Egypt Air are actually the same company, and they can issue one ticket for the whole trip. As a return ticket, that would cost around $ 350 per person, I don't kow for one way. The whole trip wouldn't take you more than 4 hours (including transfer time between two different terminals in Cairo). Or Tel Aviv - Cairo with El Al and Cairo - Sharm with Egypt Air. Don't know for the prices of El Al.

2. There is a bus from Tel Aviv and from Jerusalem to Cairo; from Cairo you could continue by bus or by flight to Sharm. Did that last time 19 years ago - so my advice would not be very up to date. It seems that the bus to Cairo is cheap, but not very comfortable...

3. By bus (Egged) from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv to Eilat, by taxi from Eilat to the Taba Border-Crossing and then by bus, Service Taxi or private Taxi to Sharm. First part of that trip is easy, cheap and conveniant, the last part can be annoying, because there are only few busses and it is rather difficult to negotiate a realistic price for the taxi.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
819 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I get to Sharm El Sheikh from Jersusalem or Tel Aviv

the quickest most direct is the 3rd way

bus to eilat, taxi to border then bus or taxi to sharm

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
819 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I get to Sharm El Sheikh from Jersusalem or Tel Aviv

the bus leaves once a day @7am from taba to sharm and stops at all the cities on the way (nuweiba, dahab etc.)

the taxi's depend on how good you are at bargaining and the time of day 500 egypt pounds for the whole taxi is too much so bargain down from there

Level Contributor
105 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I get to Sharm El Sheikh from Jersusalem or Tel Aviv

It's not hard at all. Fly down to Eilat (or bus it).You take a cab from the airport in Eilat to the border. Walk across the border. I would consider contacting and Egyptian tour company to see if they have any private cars that might be cheaper than a taxi down to Sharm. We did this but hired them for two days to show us aroud Sinai. I don't remember how much it was--not too much (with hotel).

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
330 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How can I get to Sharm El Sheikh from Jersusalem or Tel Aviv

There are generally quite a few people on a budget traveling from Taba to Sharm. I suggest that you hang around the taxi stand for a while and talk to each person who approaches the taxis.

I did this when traveling last month to Dahab and found two more people to share the minibus/taxi with myself and my two children. The cost was 80 pounds each. To Sharm it should be about 100 pounds per person with at least five people.

Besides it's fun to hang out with the taxi drivers and have some tea.

US$1 = 5.23 Egyptian Pounds

Fred Schlomka

Jerusalem
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How can I get to Sharm El Sheikh from Jersusalem or Tel Aviv

i also want to know how i might get to sharm from israel and not fly in and out of cairo. I am a single woman and want to get there from israel. What happens at Eilat.. do you take a bus is there a tour that gets you there. I am so confused and nowhere it seems answers my questions anywhere on internet. thanks

Jerusalem
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How can I get to Sharm El Sheikh from Jersusalem or Tel Aviv

is it safe for me is the first question. And is the bus and taxi route most interesting or is it jsut one big sweat. Also who flies from Tel aviv to cairo and to sharm.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How can I get to Sharm El Sheikh from Jersusalem or Tel Aviv

Neverever - please read Matzchik's reply at the beginning of this thread. He answers all your questions, except about travelling there as a single woman. For that question, search through this forum and you will probably find an answer - if not, start off a topic with your question.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,753 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How can I get to Sharm El Sheikh from Jersusalem or Tel Aviv

AsDebi said, it is better to start a new topic. If you want a tour to Sharem try to contact the Nazereth Bus company and ask them. They used to do these tours. No English on their website but the link has the contact information. Best is to call not email.http://www.ntt-buses.com/buses/asp/contacts/index.asp

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,753 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How can I get to Sharm El Sheikh from Jersusalem or Tel Aviv

Another option is to ask the tour comapnies in East Jerusalem.