We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kibbutz on Sea of Galilee

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Kibbutz on Sea of Galilee

Can someone suggest one of these for our spring trip 2010 back to Israel? There will be about 10 of us (some couples, some singles) and most smoke. Do these include your meals similiar to the hotels?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,166 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kibbutz on Sea of Galilee

They are really hotels. You should ask about rooms for smokers. They have breakfast included in the price and other meals are also available.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
325 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kibbutz on Sea of Galilee

Nof Ginosar or Ginosar Inn is on the Sea of Galilee. I don't know about smoking though.

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kibbutz on Sea of Galilee

You might want to check Ma'agan:

www.kibbutz.co.il/kibbutzhotels/maagan.htm

I believe most of their rooms are separate little bungalows, with a small porch. You might be able to smoke on the porch, or in one of the open areas. Be sure to check about their policy first.

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kibbutz on Sea of Galilee

PS- Most hotels come with breakfast included. They will also quote you a price with dinner included (half board) or both lunch and dinner (full board).

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kibbutz on Sea of Galilee

Nof Ginosar is considered the top of this class. I stayed there 10 years ago. Excellent food.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,166 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kibbutz on Sea of Galilee

There are quite a few Kibbutz hotels in that area: Kfar Gilady, Hagoshrim, Kfar Blum, Manara, Misgav Am. When you say "sring 2010" what do you mean? Spring has Passover and Independence Day. Busy season.

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kibbutz on Sea of Galilee

I adore the little hotel at Nof Ginosar and that's where I had my group to stay in the Galilee last summer (May). It is very adequate accomodations, the breakfast is scrumptuous and bountiful and the location is sooooooooooo wonderful.

Kathy Walters

writing from Myrtle Beach, SC

cakywalters@iquest.net

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kibbutz on Sea of Galilee

Our schedule is March 30 - April 7 so we will be there over Good Friday and Easter. So looking forward to another trip to the Holy Land!!!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kibbutz on Sea of Galilee

>>March 30 - April 7 so we will be there over Good Friday and Easter.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have to admit, I both envy you and pity you. Eastern and Western Easter fall on the same date in 2010. It also falls in the middle of the Passover celebration. I would think you would want to get reservations nailed down ASAP and be prepared for LOTS of people.

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kibbutz on Sea of Galilee

According to our agent, all reservations confirmed today so just have 9 months to wait-----long time to wait, but worth it to be in the Holy Land during Easter week!!!!