We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last minute jerusalem!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
last minute jerusalem!

hey it seems i am going to jerusalem last minute booked a ticket spontanius today am leaving friday from amsterdam to tel aviv my first time israel so i am quite excited about the whole adventure i do have some questions tho its all last minute so i might have some struggle finding a hostel on time haha

1.do sheruts drive from ben gurion airport tel aviv to jerusalem on Shabbat?

2.what would it cost any advice?

3.what to do if there are no sheruts?

Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,291 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: last minute jerusalem!

Sherut goes to Jerusalem, price is 55 shekels. No Sherut to Tel Aviv, taxi is about 130 shekels. If you do not have shekels you can take from the ATM machine in the arrivals' hall.

Level Contributor
1,203 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last minute jerusalem!

Does the taxi in Israel charge extra for more people, or just the meter fare regardless of whether there is one person or more?

Level Contributor
294 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: last minute jerusalem!

There is a (small) charge for a third, fourth etc. passenger, but in my experience most taxi drivers do not bother applying it.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
180 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: last minute jerusalem!

1)yes (nesher) sherut is running on shabbat.. (from the airport to Jerusalem).

They are cheap and save.

3) They are always there..

dont worry.

5. Re: last minute jerusalem!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2009, 05:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now