We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mount of olives tour

Israel
Level Contributor
269 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
mount of olives tour

a friend of mine convinced me to join her up on the mount of olives a few days ago, and i have to say, wow. never been there before (besides a quick lookout, which doesn't really count) and didn't really have any desire to go, but i really ended up enjoying myself!

we did the tour with sandemans new europe (the poeple who do the free tour of the old city) and really had a great time! it was so quiet & peaceful up there, and our guide was just so knowledgeable... mostly all christian sites, so it wasn't really places i had learned about before which was really interesting...

anyways, great tour, just wanted to pass on the recommendation! :)

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Jerusalem
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Guided Tours Israel - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Green Olive Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
323 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mount of olives tour

Travel chik: Did you know you can review "attractions" just like someone can review restaurants or hotels? Just click on "write a review" opposite the search button. I reviewed Yad Vashem, for example.

Israel
Level Contributor
269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mount of olives tour

i know, just thought i'd post it here kina like a "trip report" although just part of my extended trip here...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mount of olives tour

How long did the tour take? I'm concerned about it starting so late (2:30PM). Do you remember about how far away the Garden Tomb is from where you start the tour? I'd like to see the GT that day also. Thanks so much.

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mount of olives tour

I would note that many of the churches on the Mt. of Olives close between noon and 2:30pm, which is probably why the tour begins when it does.

Israel
Level Contributor
269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mount of olives tour

the tour itself was around 2 1/2 hours long, but then there was also the cab ride up from jaffa gate, and we asked our guide lots of questions, so i think we ended at like 5:30...the tour started at the top of mount of olives at the chapel of the ascention and then we worked our way down, ending at the garden of gethsemane

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mount of olives tour

Which is very far from the Garden Tomb, which is near Damascus gate.

7. Re: mount of olives tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2010, 05:16