We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Availability at Vad Yashem

Texas
Level Contributor
281 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Availability at Vad Yashem

I will be in Jerusalem next month & want to spend a meaningful amount of time at Vad Yashem. From looking at a picture on their website, it appears to be located in a rather isolated area. I am wondering if it will be possible to catch a taxi there after my visit.

Texas
Level Contributor
281 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Availability at Vad Yashem

Sorry, I should have said Yad Vashem. I'm guilty of transposing letters as well as numbers.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
790 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Availability at Vad Yashem

When we were at Yad Vashem last month, there were lots of taxis lined up at the exit at closing time.

YZD
Toronto
Level Contributor
571 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Availability at Vad Yashem

There is a taxi stand, and up the street you can catch a bus into the city.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,446 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Availability at Vad Yashem

That was my experience as well. I have never had a problem catching a cab back from Yad Vashem.

I hope you have a meaningful visit. The relatively new historical museum is amazing and very powerful.

Douglas Duckett

Texas
Level Contributor
281 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Availability at Vad Yashem

Thanks to everyone. Again, my apologies for mis-spelling the name.

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
794 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Availability at Vad Yashem

Texangal

I have another option for you. What about egged bus 99 all day pass? It starts at 9am and goes all around New Jerusalem, and that way you can hop off around 10:25 at Vad Yashem and tour anywhere from 2 to 4 hours and catch either the 12:25 or 2:55. Its about 20 USD for a all day pass.

www.egged.co.il/ENG/main.asp…

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,915 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Availability at Vad Yashem

Bus number 99 is too expensive for going to Yad Vashem. An Egged bus will do the job for 5.8 shekels each wat, meaning 3$ for coming and going.

South Africa
Level Contributor
465 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Availability at Vad Yashem

The Egged 99 bus is a good idea - but on the day we travelled, it was running late and they, without any notification, shortened the route at the end, missing out some of the places. If I remember correctly, Yad Vashem was one of them. This might be an isolated incident though, I really don't know.

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
794 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Availability at Vad Yashem

Shoshi, sorry it was just a suggestion to drive around on 99 and I hope if it is nice weather when we decide to take it that it does not get canceld. If not I will ask the hotel for the bus number Thanks

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Availability at Vad Yashem

No need - busses no. 13, 18, 20, 23 and 27 go through Hertzl boulevard and stop at the turn to Yad vaShem. From there it's about five minutes on foot to the memorial. Some of the taxis at Yad vaShem have the sad habit to overcharge would be passengers.