We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in the King David?

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
180 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in the King David?

Dear Forum,

I was always dreaming of staying in the King David Hotel for one night. Unfortunatly we dont have the money to afford these high prices.

But I do want to have breakfast there. Do you know if this is possible -- to come just for breakfast?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in the King David?

How about a cocktail in the bar? I think that would have more atmosphere -- not that I've ever stayed there! But still, can't you just picture Paul Newman and Eva Marie Saint, both lookng impossibly gorgeous, doing exactly that? :-) Better yet, is there a terrace to have a drink on, overlooking the Old City?

Douglas Duckett

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,763 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in the King David?

While I have no idea of the cost--you definitely can pay to have breakfast ( or any other meal) at the KIng David Hotel.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
180 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in the King David?

Hi Douglas, -- thanks, very much. Sounds really like a nice idea. I will check it out.

If we take the apartment we are planing to (see other post) we will stay near the King David HOtel.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
180 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in the King David?

Hi Rgdladie,

I dont think that this will be the problem. On all our trips food is the most important thing. We spend more on going out/to restaurants than for the hotel/appartment (usually).

We do it the french way :-).

And I know that there are many good restaurants in Jerusalem.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in the King David?

I had breakfast there in the past and I don't think there's a problem there. It should be around 90 NIS per person I would reckon. Ask at the concierge before you go into the breakfast hall. It's great fun.

Israel
Level Contributor
5,150 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast in the King David?

Anon - In a place like that I can't imagine breakfast being less than 120 shekels, and I assume that it's even more than that.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,858 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast in the King David?

A drink in the bar sounds nicer to me. What can be in that breakfast to deserve 90-120 shekels p/p?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
180 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast in the King David?

yes maybe a drink could be nicer.. you are right. But 120 Shekel would be very ok. for us.. I(I admit - we have an advantage, the euro is strong (?) at the moment.

still would like to try... but I am not sure if it is possible at all?

thanks

beaujolais

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
129 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast in the King David?

We had dinner at the King David and it was great! Just a sandwich type menu at the bar, but it was so much fun to sit on the terrace. It's funny you should mention Paul and Eva, Doug. That is exactly why we went there, so we could recreate the scene from Exodus. The waiter was extremely bemused by our antics. LIsa

Bettembourg...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast in the King David?

Lunch on the outdoor patio of the King's Garden restaurant is wonderful. Excellent food, service and views.