We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stamps in passport

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
stamps in passport

we are travelling to israel next year, and have stamps from Egypt and Jordan in our passorts. Will either of these be a problem?Also, is a visa necessary, and which is the easiest way to get it?

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stamps in passport

No problem.

No visa isnecessary.

Welcome to Israel!

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stamps in passport

Oh, thanks so much for your prompt reply! We really cannot wait to visit your beautiful country!

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stamps in passport

With a UK passport, there's no visa necessary. If you have some other passport, it would depend on which one it is.

Bognor Regis...
Level Contributor
67 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stamps in passport

We Stayed In Sharm El Sheikh This December.We When To Jerusalem For

the Day we Found No Problems Going From Egypt Into Israel just a little slow But A Great Day

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
889 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: stamps in passport

I was just reading another travel site and it stated that if your passport has an Israeli stamp, you cannot enter Indonesia. That makes sense as Indonesia is a Muslim state. Since we could visit Bali again in the future, that would be a problem, especially since my passport is quite new. Anyone know whether this is still the situation? Obviously, I would make enquiries before booking a trip to Bali in the future and would go instead to Thailand. Finally, does anyone know what the situation is in regard to Malaysia?

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stamps in passport

About entering Malaysia with a stamp from Israel in your passport - it is ok. See this recent post from the Malaysia forum: tripadvisor.com/…22694543 and this page from the Official Malaysian Immigration site imi.gov.my/index.php/…visa-requirement

which also notes that Israelis who need to travel to Malaysia on business, on an Israeli passport can now get a visa, but it is rather a complicated busines - "Citizens of Israel are required to apply for Special Approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs before entering Malaysia".

About Bali - you should also have no problem entering Indonesia with a non-Israeli passport with an Israeli stamp. Israelis may enter Indonesia with an Israeli passport, as long as they get a visa from Jakarta immigration beforehand (see http://www.kbrisingapura.com/immigration_for_countries_approval.php?lang=eng) and see the following thread www.wordtravels.com/forum/comments.php… and countless others that say basically the same thing.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: stamps in passport

That makes sense as Indonesia is a Muslim state.

Unluckily, it truly does not make any sense, especially since passport holders from Muslim states are accepted into Israel - but that's the way it is.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
889 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: stamps in passport

Debi,

Thanks for the link. I had never even thought about not being able to revisit Bali, with an Israeli stanp in my passport, until reading another site, and it's good to know I'll be able to do so if I wish.

Anon,

I agree that morally it's not understandable, and is wrong, but unfortunately we live in a world where morality is not always the norm. Living in Australia, we are often unaware of the tensions in other parts of the world, and it's only when you travel that you realise how real these are.

Even though our propsed trip is nearly 2 years away, I am really excited about it and obviously planning zealously.

Edited: 03 January 2010, 04:38
Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: stamps in passport

Great, Dragonlady - we will be happy to help!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
889 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: stamps in passport

I can't believe how much help I've already received from this forum, both in terms of queries being answered and from just reading replies to others. We (husband and I) were originally planning to do an organised tour of Israel, despite our less than happy experience with an Insight tour to Italy in 2008. However, I am now convinced that I can organise our own Israeli experience with a lot of help from this forum. We also have an excellent TA who is happy to book what we need and leave us to book what we want. I just like to have it all organised so I can go in with dates, places and what not and then we put it all together. This will be our 3rd RTW trip (the others were 2005 and 2008) and will be at least 3 months in duration so a lot of planning is needed. And I do get so much pleasure just from the planning. TripAdvisor is my bible - it hasn't let me down yet - and it's obviously the people who post who make it what it is.