We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nesher sherut taxis

Ostrow Wielkopolski
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nesher sherut taxis

I have some questions concerning Nesher Sherut taxis. Here they are :

1. Do all Nesher minivans have 10 seats for passengers or are there smaller ones for 8 passengers only?

2. Is it possible to book Nesher sherut taxi from Ben Gurion airport to Jerusalem for a specified date&hour?

3. Is it possible to book a Nesher sherut taxi without having an israeli phone number so that they can call you back? E.g. can one book the Nesher taxi personally at their office at Ben Yehuda street?

4. Nesher webpage http://www.neshertours.co.il/english.asp informs that the ride from the corporation office to Ben Gurion airport costs NIS 32,90. Is that right?

Unfortunately nobody from Nesher answers my questions sent per e-mail, so maybe they will be answered here? Many thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Ben Yehuda Street
Ben Yehuda Street
728 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nesher sherut taxis

Welcome to TA and welcome to the Israel forums!

1. As far as I know they are 10 passenger minivans!

2. You do not book Nesher to go from the airport to Jerusalem. They are there all the time waiting for passengers and leave as soon as they are full. ( or 10 passengers have been paid for)

3. Doesn't your hotel have a phone? Where are you staying?

4. Inasmuch as I believe it is now 55NIS if they pick you up and the same from the airport to Jerusalem, I would imagine that this number is slightly higher.

5. When did you email? Dont' forget Israeli offices are frequently not open on Friday afternoon and Saturday. Even if the taxi itself is working with a dispatcher the full office may not be.

6. I'm curious--Nesher isn't hard to use. It would seem to me that all of this will work out once you are in Israel and you are really :"sweating the small stuff"

Edited: 18 January 2010, 12:38
Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,487 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nesher sherut taxis

On the Israel forum page, at the top right are several "TOP QUESTIONS". The first one is "Getting from Ben Gurion airport to...." It has all the information you need and more.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Ostrow Wielkopolski
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nesher sherut taxis

Thanks for the information.

We're going to stay in a vacation rental and I guess there is wired phone there. I thought you'd need a mobile phone to be called back.

As for the price of 32,90 NIS - I know perfectly well that the regular fare for sherut from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem is currently NIS 55. I read the relevant forum threads many times. My question is as follows - is there any discount for getting on the sherut taxi at the Nesher main office at Ben Yehuda street, instead of being picked up from a custom location. Our flat happens to be very close to Ben Yehuds street.

And what is with booking Nesher sherut personally at their office - is it possible?

Mentioned in this post
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Ben Yehuda Street
Ben Yehuda Street
728 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nesher sherut taxis

The price for sherut taxi from Ben Guryon to Jerusalem is 34.4NIS to the CBS or 53.5NIS for special ride to any adress un Jerusalem. It is a fixed price!

Booking a sherut taxi from Jerusalem to the airport is not that complicted. you can always buy local phonecard (few NIS only) call them and book. If you ask me, paying extra 19NIS (5.5$ pp) and being picked up from your staying place is worth it.

Mentioned in this post
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Ostrow Wielkopolski
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nesher sherut taxis

So, there is a difference if you get off at CBS or at custom location. But are you sure that the "default" station is at CBS and not at Nesher main office at Ben Yehuda street? This is what Nesher website says.

I fully agree with you that picking-up/droping-off at the place of your choice is worth NIS 19, but still it's interesting to know that there is another possibility. Especially if you are going to get off very close to Ben Yehuda street.

Still no answer concerning booking the sherut taxi personally at the Nesher office? Is it possible or is the telephone the only option?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Ben Yehuda Street
Ben Yehuda Street
728 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nesher sherut taxis

The sherut taxi according to the contract with the airports authority goes to "the center of Jerusalem". I don't know what it means so i wrote CBS because there it stops for sure!

Mentioned in this post
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nesher sherut taxis

There doesn't seem to be any reason on earth that you cannot go to the office in Ben Yehuda and book the Nesher for the trip from Jerusalem to the airport. Go there a couple of days before you need to leave, and check it out.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Yehuda
Hotel Yehuda
1,054 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nesher sherut taxis

I have to agree with Debi--go to Nesher and ask them. You seem to be arguing or insulting 'I know perfectly well..." those of us who are writing here. We are volunteers. We are not the company and only write what we know from our experiences and research. If you are think what we are saying is incorrect than...

Ostrow Wielkopolski
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Nesher sherut taxis

I really didn't mean to insult you, rdglady. Frankly speaking I'm slightly surprised that an expression "I know something perfectly well" may be considered insulting to anyone. Besides, I'm not arguing with anybody. I'm just asking people better informed than me to confirm or to deny the information I have.

So, I'm really grateful for your answer (it was the first one!), but don't you think it's a little bit unfair to patronize me like this? Being a volunteer doesn't necessarily means being so touchy!

Nevertheless, thanks again for your help and to all the rest as well!

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,578 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nesher sherut taxis

Demetriusz:

EVERYBODY uses Nesher Taxis to go from Jerusalem to the Airport and have been doing so for over 30 years. I have never heard or seen a word of complaint about their service in all that time, so you can relax and assume there will be no problem. You said you are staying in a flat near Ben-Yehuda St. so just drop into their office when it is convenient to you. You can also ask your driver for information on the way from the airport to Jerusalem. I think that what Debi and Rglady are saying is that there is nothing more that can be added to this discussion.

Mentioned in this post
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Hotel Yehuda
Hotel Yehuda
1,054 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel