We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harmony Hotel - dining room??

naperville, illinois
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Harmony Hotel - dining room??

We are beginning our planning - and looking at the Harmony Hotel . I have read reviews, etc. and it appears to be what we want. However, I am unable to figure out if they offer lunch and dinner in their dining room. I looked at their video - saw the breakfast buffet, and at the end saw a waiter offering a guest wine - so, unless he is drinking wine at breakfast (hey - why not?), then perhaps they do offer dinner???? Can anyone tell me with certainity they do? I am aware that the area of the hotel has lots of restaurants, etc.... I guess I am looking more for Shabbat.

Thanks!

Carolynn

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Harmony Hotel - dining room??

For Shabbat, you will need to book dinner and lunch at another hotel. There is nothing comparable to lunch at the King David but it is quite expensive. If you want to splurge on great food, elegance and service, it is well worth the cost. Harmony recommends the Dan Panorama and if they are full, the Eldan. It is best to book in advance, and the staff at Harmony will do that for you. We ended up at the Eldan last week and it was OK, nothing great. Shabbat dinner better than lunch. Plenty of food, buffet style. I have also had Shabbat dinner at the Inbal and someone yesterday told me that they have a nice lunch. Two excellent synagogue experiences in the same area - The Great Synagogue and the Italian Synagogue, around the corner from Harmony.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,284 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Harmony Hotel - dining room??

The Jerusalem ( formerly Sheraton) Plaza also serves a great lunch. However, I believe you indicated that you do not necessarily need Kosher--and there are a number of restaurants that are open that will be less expensive than a huge meal at a hotel.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,095 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Harmony Hotel - dining room??

At the top right of this page is a "TOP QUESTION" on Jerusalem restaurnts. You will get many ideas. especially if you do not need it to be Kosher.

Edited: 25 January 2010, 10:32
14. Re: Harmony Hotel - dining room??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2010, 05:18