We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israeli stamp

Dubai
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Israeli stamp

I'm a resident of UAE (Filipino citizen) and will be visiting Jerusalem this week thru the border of Amman. We'll I have a problem going back to Dubai if they see an Israeli stamp on my passport. Thanks!

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Israeli stamp

I am not sure about Dubai regulations but if you want to be on the safe side you'll need to do 2 things:

1.Ask the Jordanian passport control not to stamp your passport.

2.Ask the Israeli passport control not to stamp your passport.

it's important to make sure the passport is not stamped in the Jordanian side because if its got stamp there it means only one thing - that you visited Israel (even if your passport was not being stamped in the Israeli side).

I think it will be wise to ask Dubai authorities what are the regulations regarding foreign passports with Israeli stamps. I guess that after the assassination of Mahmud Al Mabhuh things have been changed there because they hold Israel responsible for that (you might ask this also in the Dubai forum).

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,281 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Israeli stamp

There is no problem visiting Israel via Jordan from Dubai. I recently ran across a group from Dubai in the north of Israel (less than a month ago) who were foreign nationals. Although I don't know if their passports were stamped, I do agree with Elad that you check with the Dubai authorities along with the Phillipine authorities to see what needs to be done to assure re-entry into Dubai without problems.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Israeli stamp

Keep in mind that while Israel has an official policy and procedure for not stamping your passport - according to what others have posted here in the past, the Jordanian authorities do not have such a procedure. They will stamp your passport and then it really doesn't make a difference if it is stamped in Israel because it will be obvious that if you left Jordan at a land crossing to Israel you had only one way to go.

4. Re: Israeli stamp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2011, 06:24