We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs near the Gloria Hotel?; Skirts needed for women?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
229 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
ATMs near the Gloria Hotel?; Skirts needed for women?

Could you please let me know where the closest ATMS are to The Gloria Hotel inside the Old City near the Jaffa Gate?

Does anyone know what the daily limit is to withdraw, or is it a limit per transaction (with multiple transactions possible in one day)?

Also, a non-sequitur, but are women required to wear skirts instead of pants for any of the holy sites in Israel and surrounding areas? A friend told me that this was her friend's experience, and I should make sure to pack a skirt (which I don't currently have).

Thank you so much for this reply and to all of the others. We leave January 4th and I really appreciate everyone's help.

Christine in Georgia, USA

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,345 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: ATMs near the Gloria Hotel?; Skirts needed for women?

Almost forgot--Israeli ATM keypads just have numbers, no letters. So if you pin is a word--make sure you "translate" into numbers before arriving.

ie. if you password is money you need to memorize 66639 ( and no that is NOT my password on anything!)

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: ATMs near the Gloria Hotel?; Skirts needed for women?

>Also, a non-sequitur, but are women required to wear skirts instead of pants for any of the holy sites in Israel and surrounding areas?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There is one church near the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the Alexander Hospice/Church, that requires women to wear skirts. They have warp around skirts to loan for free and this is an interesting site to visit. Not many stop here. It’s run by Russian Orthodox and they seem to be the one group that still requires women to wear skirts.

13. Re: ATMs near the Gloria Hotel?; Skirts needed for women?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2011, 06:19