We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camera shop recommendations?

Vancouver, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Camera shop recommendations?

Hello,

We've just spent our first full day in Jerusalem and we are loving it! Just imagine my dismay when we realized we forgot the charger for our camera - yikes. We have been searching online for camera stores and haven't had too much success.

Does anyone have a recommendation for where we might find a good camera store or one that sells camera electronics? We have a newer Nikkon camera.

Your help is much appreciated!

JT

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camera shop recommendations?

I found a site that has chargers for Nikkon cameras however there are many types so I don't know if they have exactly what you need.. The store called Solan Interactive located at Jaffa st. 97 "Clal center" floor b store number C2 214

their phone is: 077-4009914 their site (Hebrew only): http://www.sollan.co.il/

What is your camera module..? I might find other options.. (maybe the price will be cheaper).

Vancouver, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Camera shop recommendations?

Thank you so much! Our camera model is Nikkon 8100 Coolpix. We are off to Masada today, but will definitely check out the camera store you mentioned tomorrow.

Cheers!

JT

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camera shop recommendations?

One more possibility if you can't find a charger and you have access to a computer. It looks like this camera charges through a USB cable - standard one end, micro on the other end. These cables aren't hard to find.

Plug one end into the camera, the other into the computer UBS port. You have to leave the computer on. It will charge, but more slowly than with the wall plug charger.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camera shop recommendations?

Another shop, in the same address mentioned above:

Photo Nissim

Clal Center, 97 Yaffo st.

Floor C2, Shop no. 222

Tel :02-6234545

Open: Sun.- Thur. 10 - 19, friday: 10 - 12

They are part of a chain called Camera that shows your model on their website. I suppose that if they don't have it in the store they can get it for you.

Good luck

5. Re: Camera shop recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 15:18