We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What hotel is nearby?

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
What hotel is nearby?

I have rented an apartment for our stay in Jerusalem. It is with Sharons Places and is on Narkiss St. Originally we were going to be in a different apartment (same owner), but, I changed the reservation because our group is going to be 4 and no more.

I will need to get a hotel room for our guide for part of our time in Jerusalem and I was wondering what might be fairly close and a good price for a decent room.

Thanks, everybody. This May 2011 trip is coming together and I'm getting officially excited. I have had so much sickness this winter and it is good to have this to look forward to!

Kathy Walters

Paragon, Indiana, USA

cakywalters@iquest.net

mid-hudson valley...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What hotel is nearby?

Seems to me the Montefiore Hotel is about a five minute walk and a moderately priced hotel.

troy mi
Level Contributor
914 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What hotel is nearby?

Montefiore is the best choice - fyi, just go to Google maps, then type in address of apartment (or just Nardiss, Jerusalem) and then use the "search nearby" pick for "hotels" - will see all, plus reviews, etc

very useful tool

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,273 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What hotel is nearby?

Your guide should know a place to stay that will be satisfactory (and with parking if he/she has a vehicle).

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,935 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What hotel is nearby?

Ask you guide where he would like to stay. Montifiore most likely has no parking! It is not necessary for a guide with a vehicle to stay right next to your apartment.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,037 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What hotel is nearby?

Hi Kathy. glad to see you on TA and hope you'll have again a great trip.

Now to my friends on TA - Kathy is an old timer on the Israeli forum and has visited Israel several times. She knows her way around here, and the same about using guides. If she asks a question it must be that she already has explored the other options. So advices on "ask your guide" etc... are not helping. We should be more specific. Now I'll shut up as I don't know the answe to her question.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
357 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What hotel is nearby?

Regardless of the latest post, I agree with the previous posters. The guide should arrange for their own accommodations.

You did not give any details as to your trip and how long you will use the guide for. Israel is a small country. A guide who is a Jerusalem primary guide would live near by and not need to be accommodated. Can you please give us the reasons for this? I am just very curious of this situation.

7. Re: What hotel is nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 12:16