We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self-guided walking tours

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Self-guided walking tours

I just came across this (maybe it's been posted before)

There are free brochures in English at the Tourist Information Office just inside Jaffa Gate for 10 walking tours in the Old City.

The website is

jerusalem-oldcity.org.il/pages_e/List_of_Tou…

The site has lots of other information on what's happening in Jerusalem.

Timisoara, Romania
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Self-guided walking tours

Thank you for the link! It's very useful!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self-guided walking tours

People should be aware that while the tours mentioned may be no cost this is NOT the Tourist Information Center sponsored by the MInistry of Tourism and other things may have a charge!

UK
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self-guided walking tours

Thank you for this link.

I have looked at several of the walking tours which I have found to be very informative especially with the audio guide.

I was particularly pleased to find the list of toilets, which is something that we always worry about when travelling in other countries.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,460 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self-guided walking tours

Regarding toilets in the old city, unless you are going into the museums, please be sure to take your own toilet paper, soap and paper towels as there rarely are in the public toilets. In addition the public bathrooms not in the Jewish quarter are less than would seem desirable -- and may not even have toilets.

Chana

Israel

UK
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Self-guided walking tours

Thank you for that piece of information Chana - it's definitely a "need to know" in advance of the trip.

Kath

York, England
Level Contributor
246 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Self-guided walking tours

There are several public toilets in the old city. I found them alwasys very clean.

Also, most cafes have toilets - often simple but generally clean: just ask nicely and it shall be given!

7. Re: Self-guided walking tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 07:18