We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations in Rehavia, especially for lunch

New York City, New...
9 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations in Rehavia, especially for lunch

Going to Israel next month, my first trip, with a family member who has not been there for over 60 years. She spent time in Rehavia and would like to visit there again. Any recommendations for dining?

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Modern
££ - £££, International, Israeli, Mediterranean
Azura
££ - £££, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Nagila Vegan Restaurant
££ - £££, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, International
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,541 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Rehavia, especially for lunch

What type of place are you looking for? budget? cuisine?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,268 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Rehavia, especially for lunch

The Israel of 60 years ago it totally gone. Whatever she remembers will reside only in her memory. Make sure your family member realizes this so she is not disappointed.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Rehavia, especially for lunch

There aren't really many restaurants in Rehavia, so what the OP is looking for is almost irrelevant, unfortunately.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,435 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Rehavia, especially for lunch

Debi -

Didn't we have lunch at the Sushi Rehavia on Aza St?? I recall that was pretty good. Are they still there?

Dr. Z

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Rehavia, especially for lunch

Yes, Dr. Z. the sushi restaurant is still there (actually they renovated the ground floor next door and moved one building further down the hill). There are also a few cafes all the way up Rechov Azza. On Keren Kayemet, near the center of town there is a "heimishe" (typical European Jewish) meat restaurant, which is used mostly for take-away, and there is a cafe at the other end of Keren Kayemet, actually on Ibn Shaprut (I forget it's name).

I think that's about it .....

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,541 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Rehavia, especially for lunch

In addition to what was already mentioned there are a few sandwich places, a bagel and salad place, etc. but not what I would call a true restaurant for someone looking for a restaurant experience.

CT
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Rehavia, especially for lunch

Not sure of the name of the restaurant but there is a very nice restaurant by Ben Maimom (Spelling???)

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Rehavia, especially for lunch

Zigmund is WONDERFUL and I think what you're looking for...classic Israeli food, home-made and I think internet connection too –

29 Gaza St. Phone: (02) 563-9212

(copy pasting this part - grammatical mistakes were there)

Named after the famed psychoanalyst Sigmund Frued, whose stern visage overlooks the kitchen, this small mushroom-shaped food stand is Jerusalem at its essence. Excellent Shakshooka (fried eggs in spicy tomato sauce), basic sandwhiches and salads, French crepes for dessert and fresh fruit juice. Homemade Couscous on Tuesdays. Always an interesting experience.

That's the most classic Israeli restaurant in Rechavia that I know of and it's open late at night. Al Dente is in Rechavia and it's the best restaurant of any kind in Jerusalem, in my view, on Usishkin. Experience a taste of a small village in Italy, in the heart of Jerusalem - charming atmosphere and staff too.

Mentioned in this post
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Italy
Italy
Europe
9. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Rehavia, especially for lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 14:17