We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

october in jerusalem

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
october in jerusalem

whats it like in october .Was planning on going on the 12 october for the Succot.This is my first time in going . Will it be as busy as Easter was

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,625 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: october in jerusalem

It is EXTREMELY busy in Jerusalem during Sukkot. Not only do many Israelis have much or all of the week off, meaning lots of internal tourists and travelers, but many thousands come from abroad, including evangelical Christians who focus on Jerusalem. This means airfares and hotel costs will spike sharply, availability will be limited, and sites will be crowded.

If it's really important for you to come at that time, come -- but book and plan ahead. If it's more of a "that would be nice, but not that important," I would reschedule for after Simhat Torah, the end of the fall holiday season, when it will be less expensive and less crowded.

Weather-wise, October is a lovely time to visit Israel in general and Jerusalem in particular. You run some risk that the winter rains will have started, but that is usually not the case.

Good luck!

Douglas Duckett

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: october in jerusalem

I agree with Douglas on all points.

Just will add that most years October can be quite chilly, so you will need to bring some warm clothes. Of course, having said that, last October we had a very unseasonal heatwave, so whatever you decide, you'll need to check the weather forecast a week or so before you come.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,114 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: october in jerusalem

Just adding my vote for the above suggestions. Obviously, many people come for Sukkot and if you want to experience the holiday in Jerusalem, by all means come, understanding what you will encounter. And, if that is your plan start looking for accommodations now.

If it isn't that crucial, then you will save a lot of money and have fewer crowds, etc by coming a week later.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,273 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: october in jerusalem

Experiencing Israel during the festivals is something special, however, I agree with the previous posts, if you can -- postpone your trip till after the holidays. It will definatley be cheaper (also airfare) and much less crowded throughout the country.

Chana

Israel

Portishead, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: october in jerusalem

We are thinking of visiting Jerusalem in Oct 2012

When is the holiday season please, so we can avoid it

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,935 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: october in jerusalem

Holidays are over by Oct 6. Please now, ask any of YOUR questions on a thread started by you. If you do not know how

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293977-i1733-k559…

and see my post # 9

Edited: 13 August 2012, 18:00
7. Re: october in jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 18:15