We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for our september visit

Malmö,Sweden
Level Contributor
57 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary for our september visit

We will be staying at the Harmony Hotel during our stay in Jerusalem.

So far the plans are the following.

Thursday

- Arrival - Just walk around

Friday

- New Free Jerusalem Walking tour

- Israel Museum

Saturday

-Yad Vasem The Holocaust History Museum

-Mount Of Olives Tour

Sunday

-Holy City Tour

-The Western Wall Tunnels

Monday

-Masada, Dead Sea, Qumran,and Jericho Tour

Tuesday

-Bethlehem Half-Day

Wednesday

-Time to go home

Any thoughts about the above itinerary? Please advise

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
285 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Itinerary for our september visit

The Israel Museum and Yad VaShem in one day is too much. I just got back and will write my big review in a few days.

Each museum is a minimum of 3-4 hours. (My opinion)

Calabasas...
Level Contributor
608 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Itinerary for our september visit

I agree on the suggestion to allow more time for Yad Vashem. I would also recommend that you get the audio tour. We were there just over a week ago and the audio tour really made the whole experience so much more than if we merely walked around.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Itinerary for our september visit

I agree with JSSMetroD.C. You'll be emotionally spent after Yad Vashem, let alone the physical time.

Douglas Duckett

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Itinerary for our september visit

The Israel Museum is open on Tuesdays from 4 pm to 9 pm, so you could visit after Bethlehem.

The laser show at the Tower of David in the evening is excellent. Do read the timeline while you are waiting for the show to begin, so you "get it." And take your time walking through the courtyard to the seating area, to see all the laser displays on the way.

Malmö,Sweden
Level Contributor
57 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Itinerary for our september visit

Many thanks for all the suggestions for our trip. We will try and stick with the latest plans and see how it comes out once we are there. I know it might be a odd question but how emotionally is the Yad Vashem compared to auschwitz and birkenau. We where there in july 2010 and that was really intense.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,658 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Itinerary for our september visit

The best answer anyone can give you is that it is different and that each person reacts differently.

I know that's not much of an answer but the reactions are a completely personal matter - some people will get very emotional and drained from Yad VaShem while others do not and everything else in the middle.

17. Re: Itinerary for our september visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 06:19