We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Netanya to Jerusalem

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Netanya to Jerusalem

What's the best way to get from Netanya to Israel? I'm curious how much a taxi would be if I don't want to take public transportation. Thanks.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,804 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Netanya to Jerusalem

Hi! A taxi is about 350NIS--but i don't know why you dont' want to take public transportation. There are actually 3 ways to do it.

1. Take a taxi or sherut to the train and take the train to Tel Aviv Mercaz./Savidor. There change for the 480 to Jerusalem.

2 Take the 947 from the Central bus station directly to Jerusalem. The term direct is relative, this route--while the easiest is the slowest since it goes through many small towns.

3. Take the bus ( 600, 605 or 601) to Tel Aviv. Tell the driver to let you off at REchov Arlozorov and cross the street and take the aforementioned bus 480 to Jerusalem

4. Take the Netanya -Tel Aviv sherut to Rechov Arlozorov and follow the instructions above

BTW I live part of the year in Netanya. I usually do 1, 3 and 4. I would only spend the money on a taxi if I was shlepping luggage. There is no reason not to use public transportation.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Netanya to Jerusalem

Thanks so much - We will have some luggage, that's why I was thinking about the taxi, but $100 is pretty steep.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,804 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Netanya to Jerusalem

How much luggage?--and my suggestion if you are carrying luggage is to take the 947 bus. You put the luggage underneath ( by yourself) but at least this way you will not have to carry it from bus to train or sherut to bus or what have. the 947, if you are a first time visiter to Israel ( or haven't gone off the beaten track) is not really that bad. It goes through a bunch of smaller towns--but think of it as a mini-tour! I frequently recommend that people who are coming to visit me for the day take it ( all 2hours and 10 minutes of it) because of the various places it goes through.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
8,829 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Netanya to Jerusalem

I just checked the MoT price list and the fare to J'm is now 412 NIS = $120. That's door-to-door. The bus costs 29 NIS pp and you have to assume 50 NIS for a taxi at each end to get to/from the bus station, i.e 2x50 + 2x29 = 158 NIS = $47.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,804 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Netanya to Jerusalem

Mbgg--I had indicated "about" 350 since I haven't been in Israel since mid-March. While the cab fare may have gone up a few shekels too--in Netanya they work on a flat fare basis ( semi-legal but done by all except some tourists who dont' know) and it was 19NIS from anywhere in the city to anywhere in the city. So figure now it is 22 or 23 at the most.

(with rolling luggage, you can possibly walk to the bus station, where are you going to be in Netanya)

If nothing else, the still higher costs indicate take the bus.

Edited: 06 June 2011, 12:26
Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Netanya to Jerusalem

I am staying with a friend near Netanya. I want to get to Jerusalem. Can I book a day tour picking me up in Netanya, dropping me off that evening in Jerusalem? Also, what tour group would you recommend for Dead Sea, Masada and Petra Jordan?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,804 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Netanya to Jerusalem

Welcome to the Israel forums.

I am confused. What are you looking for--transportation or a tour. If a tour has low participation it may have one bus pick up in Netanya, Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. However, if they can fill up in just Tel Aviv and Netanya--they will do that. If you want to take a tour to Jerusalem--(pick up it at major hotels) then they will not force you to return to Netanya. If you are just looking to get from one city to the other--read what it already says on this thread!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,597 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Netanya to Jerusalem

If the tour you choose offers a pick up in Netanya, then yes, they can pick you up in Netanya. You'll be able to leave your luggage in the bus during the day and you can be dropped off in Jerusalem at the end. Keep in mind that they have set pick up points - at hotels in Netanya, so you will have to get to a pre-arranged spot in the morning.

9. Re: Netanya to Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 18:17