We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

western wall tunnels reservation

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
western wall tunnels reservation

can i make a reservation from US some time before i get to Israel

to see those tunnels?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,658 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: western wall tunnels reservation

You can order tickets through their website

english.thekotel.org/VisitorInfo.asp?id=1

click on the icon for "individuals" and then follow the instructions. Make sure to indicate a requested date, approximate time and that you want a tour in English.

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: western wall tunnels reservation

Actually for me, I was given a reservation. I will still have to pay for the tickets when I arrive for the actual tour. But yes, I did it from here in the USA.

good luck

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: western wall tunnels reservation

How long is the tour and if I have a one day tour of Jerusalem and Bethlehem with GTI, will the tunnel tour take up too much of our time? How do I get tickets for the Rampart Walk Tour?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,325 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: western wall tunnels reservation

The tunnel tour is a very special tour. Are you planning on doing it the same day as your GTI tour or a different day. In terms of "too much time" --you need to decide if you want quantity or quality in everything you are doing and seeing. There is no right or wrong approach--it is up to you.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,658 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: western wall tunnels reservation

The tunnel tour takes about an hour and 20 or 30 minutes.

You get tickets to the Ramparts right at the entrance to the Ramparts at the Jaffa Gate.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
30 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: western wall tunnels reservation

The tour takes about 70 minutes.

The direct phone number is: +972-2-627-1333

Old Field, New York
Level Contributor
432 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: western wall tunnels reservation

The reservations office at Western Tunnels is amazingly efficient and helpful. I made reservations for both the Western Wall Tunnels and the Chain of Generation tours without a hitch and almost excatly for the times requested. Of course, I plan ahead--for Hanuary 2012 so am sure it gets more difficutl to secure reservations as you approach the requsted date.

Natick...
Level Contributor
37 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: western wall tunnels reservation

Is it better to do the tunnel tour during the day or in the evening?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,658 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: western wall tunnels reservation

It really makes no difference what time of day you take the tunnel tour. Actually, if you can do it in the evening it will free up more daytime hours for you to tour and see other sites that cannot be seen at night. This will enable you to pack more into a day in Jerusalem - assuming you won't be too tired.

10. Re: western wall tunnels reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2013, 10:18