We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Bus STation or Arlozorou Bus Station

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Old Field, New York
Level Contributor
400 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Central Bus STation or Arlozorou Bus Station

Hello

During our January trip to Israel we will be traveling to Tel Aviv for a pne day trip from our base in Jerusalem. As I understand it there are two primary bus routes from Jerusalem: 405 which goes to Central Bus Station and 480 which goes to Arlozorou. If that is correct, I would ask which we shuld take if our primary sightseeing priorities for the day would be:

Definite

(1) Diaspora Museum

(2) Eretz Israel Museum

(3) Palmach Museum

If Time

(4) Ben Gurion House

(5) Tel Aviv Museum of Art

It seems that the Arlozorou Bus STation makes the most sense. If so, how far from the station are the three definite sites and can anyone advise as to public transportation. Finally, after the sightseeing we would like to eat at a moderately proced Israeli, Jewish, Middle Eastern restuarant.

Many thanks for any and all advice.

Bill

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,670 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central Bus STation or Arlozorou Bus Station

The Arlozov station is much smaller and easier to navigate. You should walk to Namir street and take from there a bus to the Diaspora museum. Many buses stop there just ask the driver. Erez Israel mueum is in walking distance. The Palmach Mueum is a bit further. You can have lunch at the Erez Israel museum cafeteria. I have eaten there several times with my grandkids and we all found something to our liking. Prices are fine too.

Edited: 17 September 2011, 09:25
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,775 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central Bus STation or Arlozorou Bus Station

Agree with the above. Go to Arlozorov Station. I disagree with the walking part. Google maps shows it is approx. 2.7 km from one to the other.

Here is the page from the museum that lists the buses that go there. You will have access to both Dan and Egged buses at Arlozorov Station

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central Bus STation or Arlozorou Bus Station

A suggestion for a nice place to have lunch: Beta Cafe. www.rest.co.il/sites/Default.asp…

The site is in Hebrew but the menu is also in English. It is a lovely, reasonably prices bistro. The food is good. The restaurant's address: 17, Brodezky st. In Ramat Aviv. About 10 min walk from the Palmach Museum, A bit more from The Diaspora.

Ariel
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Central Bus STation or Arlozorou Bus Station

You may find this website useful: http://www.bus.co.il/otobusim/Front2007/homepage.asp?domain=bus.co.il&UserAgent=Mozilla%2F4%2E0+%28compatible%3B+MSIE+8%2E0%3B+Windows+NT+5%2E1%3B+Trident%2F4%2E0%3B+GTB7%2E1%3B+Mozilla%2F4%2E0+%28compatible%3B+MSIE+6%2E0%3B+Windows+NT+5%2E1%3B+SV1%29+%3B+%2ENET+CLR+1%2E1%2E4322%3B+%2ENET+CLR+2%2E0%2E50727%3B+%2ENET+CLR+3%2E0%2E4506%2E2152%3B+%2ENET+CLR+3%2E5%2E30729%29&Design=2007&LanguageID=20

This website gives you information about the busses you need to take all over Israel and in the specific cities. There is also a phone number if you need further assistance.

P.S

Not sure why they are not using a friendly URL

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,775 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central Bus STation or Arlozorou Bus Station

The above website is good if it is not an Egged or Dan bus. Dan is mostly in the Tel Aviv area. Egged is all over the country and used to be the only other company doing routes. I find it easier to try Egged www.egged.co.il and IF they say there are no routes than I deal with the site that Eyal provided a link to. The extra time to check Egged first is well worth it--especially if the route is an Egged route. A much better, user friendly and more accurate site!

Old Field, New York
Level Contributor
400 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central Bus STation or Arlozorou Bus Station

Thank you all! I am always amazed at how many people want to help one another. To that end, a few more questions:

(1) The three museums listed as "musts" (Diaspora, Eretz Israel, Palmach)--doable in a day of active sightseeing?

(2) What say you to suggestion that after the sightseeing we take a bus down to the Old Jaffa area for a dinner? If so, any good suggestions for Middle Eastern, Jewish cuisine of fairly reasonable proce.

(3) I have heard that the shop at the Eretz Israel Museum is teriffic for shopping--agree or disagree?

(4) Any must sees in Tel Aviv for a dya trip other than the top two museums (Palmach has special attraction die to a relative who worked with them).

Thanks very much.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,670 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Central Bus STation or Arlozorou Bus Station

You can see all 3 easily in 1 day. Is this the only day you have in Tel Aviv?

to go to Jaffa take bus no. 25 and ask the driver to tell you where you'll be as near as possible to the Clock Tower. Go there to Dr. Shakshuka for Middle Easterm Lybian Jewish food.

The Museum shop is good, I buy presents at the museum frequently.

For bus lines see www.otobusim.com. There is an icon for English on the upper left side of the page. It includes all bus lines in Israel.

Edited: 19 September 2011, 20:32
Old Field, New York
Level Contributor
400 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Central Bus STation or Arlozorou Bus Station

Shoshi

Thank you so much! While I will be in Israel for eight days, one day is devoted to Massada and environs; one day to Bethleheme and Jericho; one day to Tel Aviv; and five to Jerusalem (the religious and historical attractions are so improtant to me that I decided to spend that much time there).. Thanks again.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
88 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Central Bus STation or Arlozorou Bus Station

@shoshi - This is perfect advise just remember you need a reservation for the Palmach Museum & Independence Hall:)

Voorhees, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Central Bus STation or Arlozorou Bus Station

On our 1 full touring day in Tel Aviv, we chose to go to Independence Hall, and the Palmach and Diaspora Museums. Independence Hall is in the opposite direction of the other two, but, I highly recommend it (it was a definite highlight of our recent 17-day trip). We were able to visit all 3 venues in the same day, since the Diaspora Museum was open late.

We did not have reservations for Independence Hall, although I think it would be best to do so. Reservations for Palmach are a must (be sure to specify which language).

Suggestion: be sure to check current schedules online... I even emailed the museums directly to confirm their hours on the exact dates we had planned to visit.