We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - I need angels!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Help - I need angels!

To be precise, carved olivewood angels, about 4-6" high. I'll be in Jerusalem on Sunday and it's my only day to shop before taking them to America.

And g'mar hatimah tovah to one and all

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,725 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - I need angels!

Go to the shuk in the Old City. Although I have never personally seen any, you may find some in the Christian Quarter or perhaps the Muristan.

Gmar Chatima Tova,

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Christian Quarter
Christian Quarter
475 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - I need angels!

Two other suggestions (not that the first one is bad). There is a shop just at the door of the Olive Tree hotel. For a small shop they had a good selection of olivewood and the prices were very good. You could call in advance and see what they have.

Alternately, call Kandos in Bethlehem. I have known them to deliver stuff in Jerusalem. You could ask them to cell phone you a picture of what you would be buying.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - I need angels!

Mission accomplished! Thanks.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,408 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - I need angels!

Glad to hear it - where did you end up finding your angels?

Have a safe trip!!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - I need angels!

I found the angels at a shop in Bet Tzafafa, just off Derech Hevron [I don't remember the shop name]. Yesterday I delivered them as requested and "they were perfect."

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,305 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - I need angels!

Where in the US are you?

7. Re: Help - I need angels!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 04:15