We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Small Way of Saying Thank You

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Old Field, New York
Level Contributor
400 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
A Small Way of Saying Thank You

A number of people have been very kinbd in commenting on my trip reports and have emailed me asking specific questions concerning the trip. As a small way of maybe helping others have a great trip, I would be happy to email my itinerary. Due to my admitted compuslive nature, it is 230 pages in length and contains detailed secriptions, pictures, walking directions, etc. I edited it to try to update newly discovered information/mistakes and think it will prove useful for anyone interetsted.

If you woukld like a copy just email me at wps1952@optonline.net and I will send. It is too large to send via this site so please email me directly and I will reply with the report.

Bill

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,238 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Small Way of Saying Thank You

Wow, very kind offer, Bill! I'm glad someone made my travel guide -- now creeping onto its 50th page -- look short by comparison! :-)

Douglas Duckett

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Small Way of Saying Thank You

Wow - 230 pages!! you definitely did your research and were very detailed.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,813 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Small Way of Saying Thank You

Very impressive and very kind of you to offer. Did you copy write it -:), it seem that it qualifies as a book?

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Small Way of Saying Thank You

Sounds like it is ready to be published! And people tell me I plan compulsively...wow 230 pages. Thanks so much for your wonderful trip reports, they were a terrific read.

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Small Way of Saying Thank You

I got a copy and I've finally found someone who is even more of a detailed planner than I am. I think the only think he left out are bathroom stops. It really is amazing bit of research. Thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Small Way of Saying Thank You

Ahh, the bathrooms stops....that is my area of expertise :)

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,436 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A Small Way of Saying Thank You

WOW, this is not a small thank you. Its a thank you like I've never seen here on TA before. Planning can be half the fun to some and it sounds like it was to you.

One thing you can do with all that research if you want is make a website. Using something like Shutterfly for example, you can upload all your pictures and journals and make a free site where you can include all that research. You may have a lot of fun with that.

Old Field, New York
Level Contributor
400 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A Small Way of Saying Thank You

Hello All

Its true what they say--once you visit Jerusalem and Israel, you are drawn back for the rest of your life! I am planning a new trip and cannot wait to renew old acquaintances and make new friends.

Thus, far I have sent my 200 page itinerrary (yes I am compulsive) and just wanted to renew my offer to anyone who is interested. Just send a private message to me (not a post here) and include your email. The document is very lomg so I send it in four parts to meet most capacity issues. There are obviously many incredible travel expertys on this site (and I do not include myself in that category) but this is how a new tourist successfully and efficinetly saw at least a good deal of the city. In any case, if you are interested, I would love to share my report with yu.

To all my fellow travelers, may your journeys be safe and joyous!

UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A Small Way of Saying Thank You

As I mentioned to someone else, to avoid email capacity issues, just upload to Dropbox and then send out then link. Much less hassle :-))

10. Re: A Small Way of Saying Thank You

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 00:15