We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private tour of Jerusalem for 2 days this August

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Moorpark, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Private tour of Jerusalem for 2 days this August

My wife and I are Catholic. We are going to be in Jerusalem this August for 2 days. Can anyone recommend someone to hire for a private tour for our trip.

Thanks,

Greg

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private tour of Jerusalem for 2 days this August

You might want to read this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293983-i2582-k365…

Ignore the normal sparring that seems to follow many guide discussions.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private tour of Jerusalem for 2 days this August

Will the duration of your entire visit in Israel be only 2 days Jerusalem? Or will you be touring in the footsteps of Jesus in Galilee as well? If it's your first trip to our country, you should consider touring in Galilee and then Masada and the Dead Sea before starting the touring of Jerusalem.

Have you made hotel reservations yet for Jerusalem? August is high season and you'll want to address that ASAP. A licensed professional guide can prepare a custom itinerary for you, guide you throughout the country and also help with hotel arrangements.

Moorpark, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private tour of Jerusalem for 2 days this August

Dear Davetheguide

We are going to Massada and the Dead Sea earlier when our ship is in port with the shore excursions they arrange. We are flying back to spend two days in just Jerusalem. Thanks for your help.

Greg

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private tour of Jerusalem for 2 days this August

So while in port on the cruise you'll spend one day at Masada and the Dead Sea and, presumably, a second day out of Haifa around the Sea of Galilee? I understand that you won't have spent any time in Jerusalem at all during the cruise.

In Jerusalem you'll certainly want to tour the Mt of Olives, Garden of Gethsemane, Via Dolorosa and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. I also recommend sites on Mt Zion such as King David's Tomb and the Cenacle. And don't miss the Jewish Quarter and the Western Wall.

If you have time and there's availability, do the Western Wall Tunnels Tour. That would need to be booked ASAP due to high demand.

In the New City, I believe that Yad Vashem and the Israel Museums are 'musts.'

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private tour of Jerusalem for 2 days this August

If you are flying back, then why only for two days ? You could add another day in Jerusalem and a day or two in Tel-Aviv.

6. Re: Private tour of Jerusalem for 2 days this August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 12:42