We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If I could choose one book and one book only......

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
If I could choose one book and one book only......

I am visiting Yad Vashem and Jerusalem Museum. I am intending to buy an exact same book for 3-4 different people.

If I could select "ONLY ONE" particular book, which is the best recommended? The people I am giving to are NOT really avid book readers so probably something with pictures would be good. Not too overly pricey as I am buying 3-4 (among other things to give to them).

But just as a memento of my visit to Israel, I'd like to give them something nice.

Thank you.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If I could choose one book and one book only......

The Albatross Aerial Perspective books have absolutely beautiful photography. They are coffee table books. I think they are available in English.

There are quite a few picture books of different places in Israel to choose from. When you are at the Israel Museum, you can compare.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,673 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If I could choose one book and one book only......

Are these people traveling with you? If so I suggest "Jerusalem & the Holy land" Eyewitness travel. Losts of information with nice pictures. Can serve as a reminder of your trip too. I have and use it,

3. Re: If I could choose one book and one book only......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 15:35
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If I could choose one book and one book only......

The book is for friends and family in the US.

Is this the book you are referring to? Not sure they want a travel guide, far as I know, they have no future desires to travel to Israel.

amazon.com/Jerusalem-Holy-Eyewitness-Travel-…

Thanks.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,334 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If I could choose one book and one book only......

Go with Anmejoshme's recommendation and buy a beautiful coffee table book of Israel with fabulous photography.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,673 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If I could choose one book and one book only......

Yes, this is the book I meant. It has pictures and illustrations that make you feel like touring there yourself. See the first pages on the website to see what the book is like.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If I could choose one book and one book only......

Beautiful Coffee Table Book --- Will definitely do that. Thanks.

8. Re: If I could choose one book and one book only......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 13:16