We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Hotels near Tel Aviv Airport

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Hotels near Tel Aviv Airport

I think I posed this question once and was told that there are really "NO" hotels per se near the airport (?) Am I correct in assuming that?

While I allowed myself 4 hours between sherrut pickup from hotel to the airport, I found that almost 1.5 hours was spent on picking up passengers and an incident whereby 2 passengers had to make us wait approx. 8 and 14 minutes despite the warning that the sherrut was on its way. That made me a little nervous.

That said, I think on my next trip, I'd like to spend my last day in a hotel near the airport where I can just grab a taxi to. Any ideas, suggestions?

Thank you.

[Also I could have economized as my hotel charged me the $225/night for 1/2 day's stay. Does not matter much at this point, as I loved the hotel.]

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,122 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Hotels near Tel Aviv Airport

There are no hotels closer to the airport than any hotel in Tel Aviv. One can always opt to take a private taxi which is not a huge sum of money.

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,690 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Hotels near Tel Aviv Airport

Agreeing with Chana--there are no hotels that are airport hotels. Besides,you would waste a huge amount of time checking out of your hotel and into another ( were it to exist) AND then, checking out of the second hotel. The time spent on Nesher is less than the transfer process would have been. AND who knows, maybe next time you will be the last pickup.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,915 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Hotels near Tel Aviv Airport

As Chana already said - there are no airport hotels or hotels closer to the airport than those in Tel Aviv - so the difference in net travel time to the airport is no more than 20 minutes.

If you are concerned about the time the sherut took to get to the airport - and there really is nothing to worry about, Nesher has been at this for over 60 years - you could tell them that your flight is earlier so they'll aim to get you to the airport even earlier.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Hotels near Tel Aviv Airport

If your previous night is at Tel Aviv - stay at the same hotel for the last night and take a Taxi to the airport.

The company that operates the taxi service FROM the airport (Hadar-Lod Taxi) offers a 30% discount on trips TO the airport. Call them a few hours ahead of time to book your trip. The rate from Tel Aviv is 90 or 100 shekels (day/night). The company anme is Hadar-Lod Taxi, phone 03-6886911.

Crowne Plaza City Center hotel is just above the Hashalom railway station. If you stay in Tel Aviv only for the last night you may want to chose this hotel and take the train to the airport. The trip takes 16 minutes and costs 15 shekels. Note that the night trains do not stop at Hashalom station

UK
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Hotels near Tel Aviv Airport

yes the sheruts are an interesting experience - dont know what the airport transport service is like where you live but i guess most places have a fixed route timetable airport shuttle service - but as you have experienced the sherut service to/from ben gurion is less predictable than the fixed route timetable shuttle - however as oreets says theyve been doing it this way for 60 years and seem to be happy with it

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,965 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended Hotels near Tel Aviv Airport

You should deal with this question when you plan your next trip. Maybe end it in Tel Aviv and go to the airport by private taxi.

7. Re: Recommended Hotels near Tel Aviv Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 20:17