We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House 57 Jerusalem -57 Midbar Sinai | Givat Hamivt

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
House 57 Jerusalem -57 Midbar Sinai | Givat Hamivt

Hello again. While everyone is raving about this B&B, my initial scouring of the reviews do not mention anything about

1) Location

2) Food

3) Is it in a lively atmosphere

After all, supposedly this is a B&B.

My ideal location would be half way between Jaffa Gate and Ben Yehuda Shopping District. :)

Can anyone please pinpoint its location in reference to proximity to Jaffa Gate and Ben Yehuda?

Probably since I had such an extraordinary appealing experience my first go-around at a hotel, I would not want to stay within the confines of the Old City Walls. I "probably" would prefer vibrant atmosphere with feller tourists around and about. But who knows, and that's why I'm exploring all possibilities.

With the money I save I might buy more chocolates to take home. :) THANK YOU to all.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: House 57 Jerusalem -57 Midbar Sinai | Givat Hamivt

I don't know this particular house, but the address is in a residential area nowhere near the city centre; too far to walk. Nothing lively about it at all.

If you do a Google Maps search for "midbar sinai street jerusalem" you'll see where it is (zoom out to get a general idea), and decide instantly that it's not for you!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House 57 Jerusalem -57 Midbar Sinai | Givat Hamivt

You're so savvy! Bless your sweet little heart. I think it is not for me, you're right. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,815 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House 57 Jerusalem -57 Midbar Sinai | Givat Hamivt

Check Abraham's hostel that gets such good reviews on the forum. Read heler's report too. No breakfast but it is near the machana yehuda market where you can buy food or eat there. Many coffee shops and a few restaurants.

UK
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: House 57 Jerusalem -57 Midbar Sinai | Givat Hamivt

imo you would be missing out by not staying in the old city and yes there is vibrant atmosphere with fellow tourists there!!

5. Re: House 57 Jerusalem -57 Midbar Sinai | Givat Hamivt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 July 2012, 17:55
6. Re: House 57 Jerusalem -57 Midbar Sinai | Givat Hamivt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:16