We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

early flight at 5:30 A.M. leaving Tel Aviv -where to stay?

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
early flight at 5:30 A.M. leaving Tel Aviv -where to stay?

I have 5 1/2 days in Israel. Will be flying in and out of Tel Aviv (TLV). I have an early flight at 5:30 A.M on Swiss Airlines from TLV to Zurich.

Where should I stay the night before- Tel Aviv or Jerusalem?

Any suggestion for a cheap place? What is the best way to get to the airport in the early A.M.

Should I just arrive a the airport the night before ( i have lounge access for an overnighter) from Jerusalem.

I am planning to stay at Abraham Hostel in Jerusalum. Is it best to just stay there the whole time or spend a day or two in Tel Aviv?

Sorry for so many questions but I just booked a cheap ticket today so I am going. Nothing planned for till now.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: early flight at 5:30 A.M. leaving Tel Aviv -where to stay?

The airPort is located between Jerusalem and Tel-Aviv (20 min from T-A, 40 min from J'm), so you can leave from either.

I suggest spending the entire time in Jerusalem:

- 2-3 days touring J'm

- 1 day tour to Dead Sea

- 1 day tour to Galilee (e.g. Egged tours)

- 1 day in Tel-Aviv ( by public transport)

Note that the Abraham Hostel runs tours - look at their web site.

Edited: 07 August 2012, 04:32
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,708 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: early flight at 5:30 A.M. leaving Tel Aviv -where to stay?

At that time of night it's easier to get to the airport from Jerusalem than from Tel Aviv.

From Jerusalem the Nesher shuttle will pick you up from any address in the city. It's a 10-seater minibus that must be booked in advance the day before (ask your hostel to do this for you). The company has been going for 60 years and is totally reliable. Cost is around 60 shekels including luggage.

From Tel Aviv there are hourly trains to the airport throughout the night, but you would need to get to Tel Aviv Merkaz railway station, and since it almost certainly won't be walking distance from your accommodation - wherever that may be - you'll need a taxi to the station.

Alternatively, if you do go to the airport the night before, you won't be alone there! There are always hundreds of flights leaving in the very early morning and the airport will be crowded at that time. All the shops will be open.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,796 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: early flight at 5:30 A.M. leaving Tel Aviv -where to stay?

I would just stay the last night in Jerusalem at the hostel and take the Nesher shuttle described above. For a 5:30AM flight you need to be at the airport by 2:30AM That means you will have a good last night in Jerusalem and be able to shower before going to the airport. (even if it means paying for an extra "night" at the hostel it is , IMO, well worth it.

BTW good move to just stay at the hostel. ( as I said on my other response, before reading this post)

4. Re: early flight at 5:30 A.M. leaving Tel Aviv -where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 08:15