We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Signs and Car Rental

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Road Signs and Car Rental

I'll be in Israel next week and land at Ben Gurion Airportat 4:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon. My plan is to rent a car. How is traffic driving from the airport to either Tel Aviv or Jeruselum? How long from the airport to either?

Also, are road signs ( on the highways) and street signs (TA and Jeruselum) in English? I don't speak/read Hebrew and am planning to rent a car. I obviously need to be able to know where to turn off!

Thanks.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,210 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Road Signs and Car Rental

Another important thing to keep in mind when driving in Israel - there is NO right turn on red.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,398 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Road Signs and Car Rental

I am going to suggest again that you change your car reservations (they usually can be changed). I used to do what you're doing. Then I realized that to leave the car sitting in a hotel lot while I was in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem made no sense. Cars are very expensive in Israel per day, and you can cut that cost -- no way that the taxi far or bus fare will be more than that costs. Plus most hotels don't have "lots" and parking tends to be limited.

But of course, it is your trip.

I agree with the others on the GPS -- if you do not have at least a working knowledge of Hebrew to guess at spellings and transliterations, it is likely to be more frustration than it's worth. Plus, for a Garmin, it will cost $60-100 to buy the Israel map download or chip.

Douglas Duckett

13. Re: Road Signs and Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 15:18