We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking tours through Viator.com

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Booking tours through Viator.com

I'm organizing tours from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem using Viator.com

Has anyone used their website before and how did they find it.Thank you in anticipation.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,906 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking tours through Viator.com

You are best off purchasing tours directly from the operator in Israel and not through a third party website. It will work out less expensive, but more importantly you will be in direct contact with the operator who can answer questions and take care of any issues that may arise regarding the reservation. Purchasing via the internet means you have no support if something goes amiss. Please reconsider your decision to purchase this way.

Just for the info, Viator.com takes their prices directly from Bein Harim, you are better off dealing directly with them.

Chana

Israel

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking tours through Viator.com

Thank you Chana,for your information and I love reading your posts full of information and tips.

Santa Fe ,TX
Level Contributor
47 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking tours through Viator.com

I have been using Viator to book my tours for about 7 years. I have never had a problem with them.. I have booked tours here in the Uniited States as well as

other countries. In fact I just booked another 9 day tours for my trip to Munich and Zurich . I am also about to book a few more for Jerusalem . I have also found that they are cheaper then booking through the actual tour company. They also give additional discounts for multiple bookings( 5 - 10 percent off). I always compare the prices between the tour company and Viator before I actually book though. I have also used Expedia and City Discovery . I have never had a problem with them neither .

:London
Level Contributor
10 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking tours through Viator.com

I've used a lot of their tours through Italy, and each time was great. Good value for money, especially if you've got a lot to get through.

There's a voucher code online that gets you an extra %5. Just google and you'll find it.

Funny thing is I was wanting to use them for Israel as well, and was told it would be better off booking directly. I compared all the tours I wanted to do (3 of them) with the Israeli tour operators and they canme out basically exactly the same, give or take currency fluctuation. I huess Viator take their fees directly from the tour price than adding something on top.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking tours through Viator.com

Hi Chana - I've been reading your great posts--so much wonderful information!!

I will be taking my first trip to Israel in late May with my mother. Should I book a tour like Bein Harim in advance or wait till I am in Jerusalem? Are they the best tour company to take? Do they pick you up at your hotel?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jana

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,315 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking tours through Viator.com

Not Chana, but you can book once in Jerusalem. Generally speaking they will pick you up at your hotel. I believe the wording used is, pick up at "Major" hotels. Where are you staying?

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking tours through Viator.com

staying at the Dan Panorama Jerusalem.... I should wait to book once there? I thought they got full. Which tour company do you recommend?

thanks!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,906 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking tours through Viator.com

You can book before departing if you choose. Bein Harim, Rent-a-Guide and others all have similar tours which enjoy pick up from your hotel. They do not get filled up, but rather transportation is provided according to the number of people who have signed up. If you are planning on taking a tour that says "minimum participants" I highly recommend that you sign up early. If it's does not depart you will receive a full refund or the opportunity to join a different tour.

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,315 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking tours through Viator.com

Dan Panorama is a major hotel ( my favorite) They should pick you up right in front.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking tours through Viator.com

Thank you chana!