We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harmony Hotel to Israel Museum by bus or rail?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
28 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Harmony Hotel to Israel Museum by bus or rail?

how would you suggest I get from the Harmony Hotel to Israel Museum? It is about a mile and a half to walk, which seems a bit much and then walk the museum property itself. what bus number or where do I get the light rail? Thanks.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harmony Hotel to Israel Museum by bus or rail?

The best way is to take buses #7 or #9. To get them, walk from your hotel to Ben Yehuda pedestrian street mall, and walk it up (west) till you get to a road (King George st). The bus stops for #7 and #9 (two seperate bus stops) are there.

It might look mile and a half (probably a bit more than that), but the map doesn't show the steep ascent you when you cross Sdereot Ben Tsvi, which will slow you down. All in all, take the bus - you have tons of walking and standings to do at the Israel Museum and the time is in your essence! :)

P.S - I reached 100 messages! :)

Edited: 09 February 2013, 01:00
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harmony Hotel to Israel Museum by bus or rail?

Mazel Tov Amos on 100 postings! Terrific advice at that.

I agree that it isn't the distance but you are going up and down hill all the way. The museum is hours of walking. Definitely take the bus or just grab a taxi which will be quite inexpensive due to the distance.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
28 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harmony Hotel to Israel Museum by bus or rail?

Thanks for the messages and advice. do you need a ticket for the bus or will coins work?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Harmony Hotel to Israel Museum by bus or rail?

You pay the driver as you get on the bus. It costs NIS 6.60, cash only - you don't need the exact money as the driver will be able to give you change.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,919 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harmony Hotel to Israel Museum by bus or rail?

The bus is 6.60NIS per person. You hand your money to the driver. He will give you change if needed and hand you a paper receipt.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,799 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harmony Hotel to Israel Museum by bus or rail?

I'd just take a taxi. Won't cost more than 25 shekels and is door to door without having to walk this way or that or wait for the bus to come and then take you.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harmony Hotel to Israel Museum by bus or rail?

A taxi SHOULD only cost 25 shekels. There have been many reports here about unscrupulous Jerusalem taxi drivers. Have your hotel call you a cab and set the price ahead of time.

Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Harmony Hotel to Israel Museum by bus or rail?

I also support to take a taxi. If you are not traveling alone than the difference is not that high and you get from the hotel to the museum with no extra walking. As for the taxi, by law and also I recommend when driving in the city, the taxi driver must use the meter if asked by the passengers.

9. Re: Harmony Hotel to Israel Museum by bus or rail?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 05:15